• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot authorize computer

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I get the following message: "You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn’t previously been used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices. Please try again." How do I solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to authorize a computer that you have previously activated (or that ADE thinks you have previously activated) anonymously.

You can only upgrade using a brand spanking new AdobeID, that you haven't used before, anyplace.  Which is what the error message is saying.

If you care about keeping access to the books on currently on your computer, then those are the rules you need to follow.

If you don't care about the books currently on your comptuer, then you deactivate (Ctrl-Shift-D) and then when you relaunch ADE it will ask for an AdobeID, and you can enter whatever one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried de-authorizing, and I am still unable to login to my account on a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to this is to "Erase Authorization" and then try authorizing it. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines