• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I add a font to Premiere Pro CS6?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to follow guidelines for the videos i'm making and the font I need (Frutiger) is no longer available in CS6.  It was in earlier versions.  I have the font file (.TTF/.otf).  Is there a way to import this font into the software?  Otherwise i'll have to do everything as a graphic and not have all of the movement capabilities. 

Please let me know, i've been searching for a couple hours online and can't find a solution or even an answer.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Fonts are installed into your OS. They are not installed into particular programs, though some might be installed WITH a program.

Check whether you do have that font in your OS.

Titler is very sensitive to fonts, even more so than some other Adobe programs, like PS, AI and InDesign, though they ARE sensitive too. They will either crash, or refuse to use a font that is corrupt in any way, and even with non-corrupt fonts, will refuse to use many that are just poorly written. With some of those, they might allow selection, but cannot display one of those poorly-written fonts.

If you do have that font installed, first check that your word processor can use it (they are normally far less sensitive). If so, then you might look for another source for that, or a very similar font.

Also see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4185832#4185832

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response!

I didn't know that was how fonts operated so I will copy the fonts over and if i have further issues I will use the suggestions in the article you posted.

This should make my work easier.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for all things Microsoft, go to this link and search http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Windows, the easiest way to Install fonts into the system, is to go to Control Panel>Fonts, and then from the menu bar, choose Add Fonts, and navigate to those fonts.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the easiest way is to just right click on the font and select Install.

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim

Well sure if you insist on being lazy and doing things the easy way!

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts go into the Windows fonts folder, from where they are then available to ALL programs

You SHOULD be able to make this work by simply copying the font to the correct folder (use Windows Explorer to find the folder... something like C:\Windows\Fonts) and then, maybe, restarting Windows so it will "read" the fonts upon startup

Added: Grin... I need to have another cup of coffee... I seem to be following just a half step behind Hunt this morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For windows machines, the advice given here is VERY WRONG.

Yes fonts are usually stored here C:\WINNT\Fonts and these are available to all programs.

BUT this is a bottleneck for windows OSs - always has been. So do NOT add fonts here (unless absolutely unavoidable). Adding just a few fonts will noticeably slow down your computer.

ALWAYS add fonts to specific programs for specific purpose.

For Adobe progs put new fonts here   C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts

(create the folder Fonts if needed).

This actually makes it easier in larger settings - you can create a folder specific to a project, fill it with the required fonts, and carry it around / share it as needed.

- i dont remember how to for Macs

- be aware there are different types of fonts. some work, some dont.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding just a few fonts will noticeably slow down your computer.

That has never been my experience.  I see no performance difference after installing the couple dozen fonts I need that don't natively come with a reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow. thanks so much for sharing. now when i dicsuss why a computer has slowed down i will balance the 12 million -ish websites that discuss reasons such as excessive fonts in the system folder, with your one response of being the exception.

When a designer asks why does adobe make ms word slow, this is the reason. Their 'designer' fonts are also getting loaded up into word unnecessarily.

Good practice is good practice, whether or not you've noticed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines