• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building an Authorize.net payment gateway

Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2006 Dec 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to build an Authorize.net payment gateway in CF. I'm fairly experienced in CF, but I need a little help. I downloaded the authorize.net developers PDF. Just so I understand the basic architecture, I am going to be collecting variables on a secure page and sending them to a specific page on authorize.net. Then Authorize.net will do its thing, and send me back some variables.

Is authorize.net going to send these back to the same page that does the sending (and basically reload the page?)

The documentation also says the response fields will be "comma delimited" and "not encapsulated" - In general I'm used to variables being sent as either form or url variables. My guess is that Authorize.net has a selection of "optional" variables you can send them, and that it returns you one big form variable that's comma delimited, and its up to you to pull the information out of that bundle.

Is there someone with experience with this that could shed a little light on the process (and maybe even a little code).

I would very much appreciate it.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2006 Dec 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Grope your way to the
http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/connectionmethods/
and click on the "Information Center" link in the "Do it yourself" paragraph. There you should find all the support and documentation you need.

I've implemented several Authorize.net gateways, and found their documentation to be outstanding. It does take some work, since your dealing with SSL, credit card theft issues, etc. But the quality of their documentation makes that chore manageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation