• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Headers and footers customization RH10

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way to customize the headers and footers for PDF output in RoboHelp 10? Need to do this to apply our company's standards. Would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No is the short answer. You would have to generate a Word document and then paste the content into your own template. See Printed Documentation on my site for full details.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. Hopefully Adobe will consider this customization in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add it to the wishlist – that’s the only place Adobe pays attention to ideas - https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. After composing a paragraph for the wishlist and clicked Submit, an error occured. Tried many times, but the link didn't work. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any particular error? Browser-specific one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error:

adobeerror.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an issue on their end – try it again tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will do. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PDF export roundtrips using word. For Word export you can create a custom style mapping.dot. If I'm not mistaken, you can control the header and footer with that template.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam

I think you will find that no matter what header and footer you put in a custom template, RoboHelp will trash it. It's a longstanding issue.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't know that. Thanks. Where would I be without you

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for this info, although it's truly frustrating.  We have legal guidelines to include the copyright and other legal info in every page of the footer in the printed docs, as well as the WebHelp.  So I have to generate the Word docs, then add the footers.  Then I have to do this all over again if I regenerate the Word docs, and that adds up across dozens of docs we provide for each release in several languages.  We'll just have to leave out the footers until we're ready for the final drafts.

Gina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a real PITA. Please make sure you submit a feature request.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I forgot to add in my last post that I did submit the feature request.  They probably won't like it, but I said I'd like it to work like Flare 7's page layouts!

Gina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Luv it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp