• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epub output contains unsupported attributes - cannot be uploaded to Google

Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

my Epub files that are generated with RH10 cannot be uploaded to Google because of problems in the OPF file. Particularly it contains the property "scripted" for all htm files and this is not accepted during upload.

I downloaded the current version of Epubcheck and have activated that option in the Epub SSL. However, this check does not reveal any problems.Actually it does not do anything, no log is produced and no error/success message displayd.

1. How is this Epubcheck intended to work, I thought it should detect such problems?

2. I can of course manually remove properties in the OPF that cause problems. Has anybody found a solution to permanently correct the internal templates that Robohelp uses to build the Epub output?

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which method do you use to create the ePub? The new SSL or the 'old school' ePub script which is also provided with RoboHelp 10? The SSL creates ePub 3.0, while the script creates ePub 2.1.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the SSL and I have activated the option to use the Epubchecker which

I have downloaded.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, I read your initial post a little too hastily.

The epubcheck tool checks against the specification but it is possible that Google (books/play?) does not support those specs yet. ePub 3 is still a work in progress.

Does your ePub also include DHTML effects such as dropdowns? I think it does according to the scripting reference. As far as I could find, Google does not support ePub with JavaScript: <http://www.bisg.org/what-we-do-16-152-epub-3-support-grid.php> http://www.bisg.org/what-we-do-16-152-epub-3-support-grid.php What happens if you exlude such content using condional tags?

As for epubcheck not doing anything at all, I’ve never used it offline. Do you get any errors when you validate the ePub using the online validator? <http://validator.idpf.org/> http://validator.idpf.org/

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the layout options allow you to convert dropdowns when you generate.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this but it did not help. My source files do not contain any

scripts or DHTML anyway, these are just standard topics.

It seems that Robohelp adds this "scripted" attribute automatically for

no reason.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp