Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAML in RoboHelp9?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I am new to RoboHelp and have just begun to create an online help for my company's product using RoboHelp 9.  My managers would like for me to create the online help in Microsoft Assistance Mark-up Language (MAML) to suit their needs.

Questions:

Does RoboHelp 9 allow me to create an online help in MAML? 

Does RoboHelp 9 allow me to use MAML in any way at all?

Thank you-

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is No.

I quote from Wikepedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Assistance_Markup_Language

"Unfortunately, there is no decent tool available for IT Pros to author MAML. You can use Notepad (which is pretty tedious). James O'Neil (former MSFT employee) shows you how you can use InfoPath to author this information (see: http://blogs.technet.com/b/jamesone/archive/2009/07/24/powershell-on-line-help-a-change-you-should-m... this is far from perfect as his article suggests."

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp