• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Sensitive Help in Visual Studio

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this on the HTML forum, but I didn't get a response, so I thought I'd give it a shot here. I’m using VB .Net with Visual Studio 2005. I have context sensitive help working with my HTML help project using the Help Provider. (I’m not using a map file.) Everything works except I can’t figure out how to specify the window. Does anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 26, 2006 Jul 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably received no response because of this: "Everything works except I can’t figure out how to specify the window."

I'm stumped as to just what the heck that means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2006 Jul 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it made sense in my little head.

By "everything works" I meant that help does come up to the proper topic when you press F1 at a from in the application; I just can't figure out how to specify the target window.

Basically, I have my main help project opening in the tri-pane window with the browse sequence, table of contents, etc. When they push F1 to open the context sensitive help from a form in the application, I want to use a smaller window without all of the bells and whistles. I have the two windows defined in my project, but I can’t figure out how to specify the target window in which the help should open using the Help Provider in Visual Studio. I was hoping someone here would know where to put the window call and whether you need to use Target=”WindowName” or some other syntax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2006 Dec 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue and haven't found a solution yet.

In the application, I have designated the .chm file as the HelpNameSpace and selected topic as the helpNavigator property mapping to the .htm that correlates to the form.

I see that TOC is also a HelpNavigator property option, but I can't figure out what to use in order to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2006 Dec 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Unfortunately I never did figure it out. I ended up creating a separate help project for context sensitive help and using a different default window than my main project. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp