• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP5 Project with inserted SWF animations

Engaged ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a CP5 project with SWF Animations inserted on the slide.  The narration for the slide is on the CP5 project.  Is there a way to tell the SWF animation to pause is a student pauses the CP5 project?  I'm thinking some advanced action.  Also if they select the pause button on the SWF animation the animation's screen goes blue until the project advances to the next slide.

As always thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

Susan

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to control the SWF playback with Advanced Actions in Captivate.  They're a bit limited in that respect.

If you have access to an ActionScript developer, they might be able to create a solution for you.  AS3 is much more powerful than Advanced Actions.

Your query seems to suggest that you have tried inserting these SWF animations in your project already and that there is a "pause button" on the SWF.  In most SWF animations that I've created in Flash and inserted into Captivate projects, the pause button on the main project also pauses the animation at the same time.

So if your SWF is NOT pausing, it might be something to do with the way it was created.  Were these SWFs created in Flash or some other application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The swfs were created in CP5.  These are steps in a software simulation that we are including in another CP5 project.

Susan Wright (Equilady)

Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

http://www.equilady.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  So you're NESTING Captivate SWFs inside other Captivate SWFs.

Issues arising from this practice have been mentioned many times on this forum.

The best advice I can give you is NEVER DO THIS.  As you're already finding out, having one Captivate Playbar sitting inside another Captivate SWF with its own playbar is a recipe for disaster.

Add your simulation slides to the main project, not as a nested SWF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod, I've just run into a handful of headaches (CP 5.5) trying to embed CP project swfs into another CP project. Do you know whether this compatibility has been addressed in CP6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't, and personally, if I were Adobe, I wouldn't bother making this possible.  There are just too many ways it could come back to bite them.

My best advice to you is DON'T do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried publishing your swf you want to embed as an FLV or F4V then inserting it?

Susan Wright (Equilady)

Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

http://www.equilady.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

working fine in CP 6,i would request you to try that in CP 6 and take a look if that works ok.Please make a backup of your project before you open your cp 5 project in cp 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources