• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions: problems with computer authorization

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to authorize my computer after installing Adobe Digital Edition and activating Adobe ID:

I receive the following prompt: E_AUTH_NO_READY.

I tried for few days

Can anyone help me?  Many thanks.

Lucio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. ADE doesn't recognize my e-reader (Leqtor = EB600 Netronix) and then I can't authorize this device for my ID Adobe Account. At last, it means I can't read the book with DRM I have bought, and I get the error "Please activate device first".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message as you.  my e-reader is recognized but the computer is not authorized.  I tried CLICKING HELP but I get as far as the activation server error that you mention.  It will retry  but I keep getting the error message E_AUTH_NO_READY.

Oops!  Sorry, I should have tried the CTRL+SHIFT+D.  It does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I've had the same issue with my Nook (simple touch).  I tried the ctrl-shift-D, which allowed me to authorize both devices, but I still can't read library books on the Nook - says "user not activated".  Any ideas on what could be going wrong, and how to fix it?  I'm using ADE 2.0 (maybe a bad mistake), and this is driving me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out - needed to delete a file on the Nook (adobe_digital_editions). Why did this have to be so complicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem

i am using a laptop computer with windows 8

adobe editions 4 worked for about 20 minutes then stopped working

i uninstalled it and installed a lower version and then it wouldnt allow me to authorize the computer

i had authorised the computer without adobe acount at first

can anyone please offer me some assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just spent a whole evening trying to authorise a sony reader on an apple mac. Everything worked last week using windows, tonight I just got the 'e-auth' msg all the time. Changed adobe password through book store site without result. Went to adobe's own website, changed password - worked, authorised mac straight way, downloads worked. Weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please assist, i seem to have "authorised computer without an ID" and now I cannot read the eBook I purchased - this is so frustrating!

can someone help....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.  I have an old Kobo reader that I had been using and now have a new Kobo Auro H20.  I have adobe all set-up on my computer but when I plug in my new reader and connect nothing happens.  I went to Adobe and CTLSHIFTD and the message came up 'erase computer authorization' so I didn't do it.  Am I having this problem as it is looking for my old Kobo and how do I correct it?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue.  I have downloaded the new Adobe Digital Editions, I do Control Shift D and get the message to de authorize by logging in, but it does not recognize my password.   How do I reset my password to get this thing to work.......5 hours working on this.  It is ridiculous!!!! Not even a button to say "I forgot my password"   Somebody, anybody help? BTW, I haven't forgotten my password, Adobe isn't recognizing it!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to download the new Adobe 3.0 before it worked

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Colleen.  Just wondering what Operating System your using.  I am using Windows 7, Desktop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Windows 10. I worked on it for hours as well and finally updated Adobe shut computer down and restarted. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just removed 4.0 again, but I'm not going to try 3.0 because my library website is down for the weekend, now, so I won't be able to test it out. til Monday. It is very frustrating. Don't know why they just can't do an upgrade to the original Adobe and make it simpler for everyone. 

Yep, this is going on 7-8 hrs I've put in also. and more to come--  Gottobeabetterway!

So glad to hear that you finally got it up and working, though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also online with Kobe support. You might want to try that

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Nook Tablet; I will get online with them next week when my library is up and running again, so I have all available.

Thanks for the info.  Didn't think of that, but I'm sure it will tie in somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colleen:  Just wanted to catch you up.   After many frustrating hours/days of installing and uninstalling ADE 3 and 4

and working with registry files and  unauthorizing  and authorizing my computer and Nook Tablet, I have FINALLY managed to get ADE 3 to work on my Desktop and the Nook Tablet.  The final step in getting it to work was a tip on the Overdrive website from the Library:  Be sure that if you are using Firefox to go into Firefox Options and be sure Firefox is using Digital Editions 3.0 to open the file and WALAA!!!!!!   I can now download books to my Desktop ADE 3.0 and transfer to my Nook Tablet. The same probably applies to IE and Chrome and any other browser's settings.

I DON"T CARE if I ever get 4.0 or whatever the latest version of ADE is.   I wish I could list the steps I performed in the order I performed them so I could help others get this mess straightened out, but I am so friggin exhausted mentally from this process, I don't know the answer to that.  If I ever get my thoughts and processes back and can figure out the steps, I will certainly post them, however for right now I am now SO DONE with this!!!!! 

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you again for your post about 3.0.

Merry Christmas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

WOW! Glad you were finally able to figure it out. It should not be that difficult. They should give all the possible problems up front when selling the product or at least have someone that can help.

I will be in no hurry to get another reader as they are a PITA to setup.

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. It's been nice chatting.

Colleen Butler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As much as I hate to admit it, it was not all ADE problems.  Windows 7 presented some issues as well as Firefox and Overdrive.   None of the synced with the other.

But as you indicated, they should give a step by step guide to upgrading, i.e. to start with:

1. Remove all previous versions of ADE from Hard Drive AND Nook

Or set their install to automatically do it, then tell you at what point you plug the Nook into the Hard Drive so it will be unregistered or registered. 

The Barnes and Nobel People actually suggested to me to upgrade to a different Nook!   That was NOT an option. I'm with you. It was a PITA.

Nice chatting with you, also Colleen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines