• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web App Search Modifications

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a way to create a web app search tool that will search multiple databases?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To my knowledge this is not yet possible as the web app search will only search within it's web app items. 

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Basilone,

I am currently developing this site (http://www.helpineeda.com/home) and I have twicked the main search form to search 2 web apps-

but you can add as many web apps as you like simply by creating a new <option> and adding the form action to it.

Here is the html and javascript I am using:

<form name="catcustomcontentform84870" method="post" onsubmit="return checkWholeForm84870(this)" action="" data-ajax="false">

<select class="home-select" id="selectNeed" data-role="none">

<option class="home-select-option" value="/Default.aspx?CCID=15996&FID=95571&ExcludeBoolFalse=True&ID=/helpers-search">Helpers</option>

<option class="home-select-option" value="/Default.aspx?CCID=15953&FID=95386&ExcludeBoolFalse=True&ID=/job-search">Jobs</option>

</select>

<input type="text"  name="CAT_txtKeywords" id="CAT_txtKeywords" class="home-keywords" placeholder="Enter keywords..." data-role="none" x-webkit-speech>

<input class="cat_button home-btn" type="submit" value="Search" data-role="none" >

</form>

<script type="text/javascript">

function checkWholeForm84870(theForm){

var why = "";

if (why != ""){

alert(why);

return false;

}

{

var sel = document.getElementById("selectNeed");

theForm.action = sel.options[sel.selectedIndex].value;

theForm.submit();

return false;

}

return true;

}

</script>

PS I came up with this solution by modifying this: http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/598/bc_598.html#main_Logging_into_different_Secure_Zones_according_...

I hope this helps.

Dave Black

@webmosphere

http://www.webmosphere.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to create a site-wide search, and restrict it to web apps...  http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/kb/creating-search-page-web-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mon_adobe,

You can so into the site search details and select the "search type".  However there's not option to restrict to a particular web app if you have multiple web apps active. 

2013-09-03_1020.png

Otherwise you'll need to use the web app search to have it dedicated to a specific web app. 

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines