• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet for Web Help

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do users require an Internet connection to run and view a web help? Or just a browser?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users only requires an internet connecton to access WebHelp if the help is not located somewhere they can access without an internet connection. For example if the output is placed on a network drive or intranet, they will only require a browser. However if the help is published to a website or other remote location, they will require an internet connection. I hope this answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does. Thanks. We simply ship the web help with the product and also additionally publish it on our web server. I suppose that means the users can view it in the browser without any Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your users will be able to access the webhelp if it is local to them, but if they need to access the version on your web server I'd have thought they'd need the internet to access that. I can't be 100% without knowing more about your setup. Essentially the question to ask is does accessing the help require the user to access information outside of their firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp