Expand my Community achievements bar.

Capture forward task data

Former Community Member

How to capture the forwarded task details when  we forward task to some other person using workspace?

Scenario:

Some User A is trying to initiate a form from workspace but he is unable to submit it after filling all the details then he forwards the same form to some user B then the user B submits the form behalf of user A.

Here I want forwarded task details(from user A to user B) to be captured in my database(oracle)

Please some one help me

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sekhar.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

I thought I recall in an older version, there was a spot where you set if a custom submit would run for saving a draft. I don't see that setting in ES2. You might try creating a custom submit to see if it runs when the draft is saved. You could also add an additional webservice call from the saveXML method in the forms bridge. The weservice call could write the data to your database.

Former Community Member

Another option is instead of the user using Save as draft before forwarding, the user always clicks Complete. If required fields are missing, route the item back to the same step after a step which writes out the data to your database. The user can then forward the task or reopen to add additional data multiple times.

Employee Advisor

Livecycle throws events when a task is forwarded to another person. This event will have all the details your are looking for

Let me know if yo

U need any help

Former Community Member

Hi All,

Thanks for your response.

I need you help in find capturing that event. Please give me an idea to capture that event.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sekhar.