Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player problems

Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi have installed latest version of Adobe Flash player but when i go to a site that ueses this app it says i need to down load latest version ?

Can any one help me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as though we are all having the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

What is your web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new hp computer with Windows7 chrome

Adobe flash player shows in my programs as installed ,however when I try to play any games I get the message that it needs to update to the new version .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue with my mom's laptop. I've tried all the suggested fixes and nothing has worked.  I've been reading and checking and it seems there are a lot of people having issues.  She has Windows 7 & I've tried it on IE 9, Firefox, & Chrome with no luck.  Flash player shows loaded but just shows blank screen when you try to play a video.  I have been trying everything & am to my wits end.  Trying to get it fixed for her so she can complete her pharmacy tech license update classes.  I'm running out of time.  Sure hope adobe figures out what is going on and causing these problems for all of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same problem, searched following link http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html which advised "Disable ActiveX Filtering, did this and installed Flashplayer & it now works on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help but I tried that already too. It's crazy. Can't figure it out. Shows loaded on computer but web videos won't play & it tells you to install it. Also doesn't reflect at adobe as being installed. I've followed all kinds of steps to fix including uninstall & reinstall but nothing works.

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum; please do not post your email address and other private data (by sending the forum notification message with all its headers back to the forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. This is my first time using this and thought when I replied to the email sent to me that it was going back to the individual who emailed me. I did not know it posted here.  I truly am sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

preciousheidi1108 wrote:

She has Windows 7 & I've tried it on IE 9, Firefox, & Chrome with no luck.  Flash player shows loaded but just shows blank screen when you try to play a video.

That could be an issue with the graphics driver; what is the display adapter, device driver version & date?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the information on her system.  I tried the link you gave me but Intel does not recognize anything on her system and told me to go to manufacturer. I went to their site but it's confusing as to whether they have an update or not. 

Acer/Aspire/5733z/Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit os) Display Adaper: Intel(R) HD Graphics, Driver Date-1/10/12, Driver Version-8.15.10.2622

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a reasonably new driver, although there is a newer one (8.15.10.2827) on the Intel download site.

Can you try if disabling Hardware Acceleration fixes the problem (see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337)?  Although there is a chance that the Settings panel may also display blank, in which case you will not be able to disable Hardware Acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Thanks so much for trying to help me.  I tried installing the newer driver you suggested but it won't install on her computer.  It keeps giving errors & stops installation.  I tried to disable Hardware Acceleration but the box is blank & when I right click on it, it shows movie not loaded & About Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.287...  I just don't get this crazy thing.  Thanks again for trying to help.  I truly appreciate all you've done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we should try a new approach; can you perform a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Returning my computer to where I purchased it.I will let you know the outcome next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines