• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conflicting information about files that should not be included in version control

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are using RoboHelp HTML v9 from the Tech Comms Suite v3.5.

We are two authors who added our help project files into Perforce version control using the instructions provided on the Adobe site. All was going well until I returned from Maternity Leave. Now, we seem to be getting some file conflicts and 'strange behaviour'.

I searched for answers and found the following submissions offering conflicting advice about the .hhp file:

http://adobe.hosted.jivesoftware.com/message/3880352

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3853685#3853685

The .hhp file is one of the files causing us troubles. Should this file be under source control? What is the best way for us to remove it from source control, or would it be better for us to remove the whole project from source control and re-add it through RoboHelp once more to ensure whatever it is that happened on my return is eliminated?

Thank you all for your help.

Regards

LillibetUK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting conflicts then these need to be sorted out regardless of whether they should be inside your source control application. I use source control and can tell you that the HHP file should be source controlled. Open it up in Notepad and you'll find all sort of project related data including a list of all the topics in your project. It can also be useful to recover from a corrupted project. For this reason alone I'd always include it in source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Colum for your reply. Perhaps, then, we should start afresh and remove/readd the project to source control to iron out whatever has happened to it.

Kind Regards

Lillibet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp