Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization problem + wrong ID

Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used ADE on my laptop, but it crashed recently, and I've been using a different computer since then. Today I installed ADE on the new computer, and authorized it with an e-mail address I always use. However, I quickly realized that that was not the same e-mail address I had used as my ID when I was using ADE on my laptop, and now I can't access the book I need to read. I can't click on the Authorize button in the Help section, because I've used a new e-mail address on a new computer.

Anyone know how to handle this situation? I'd like to get on with my school reading as soon as possible, but obviosly having made that stupid mistake is slowing down the process!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ADE, pressing, Ctrl-Shift-D (Win), Cmd-Shift-D (Mac)  will bring up a deauthorization dialog that will allow you to remove the current authorization and then on restart (1.7) allow you to enter in your old credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but Ctrl-shift-D does not do anything.  Other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using 2.0, you will need to be in the library view with no dialogs up, for ctrl(cmd) shift D to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is much the same. when i authorized my pc laptop it worked. when i checked the authorization info it was an email address i have never heard of. I continued anyways. went to authorize my iMac. It wouldn't authorize. I found out from help my time settings may be wrong. So when ADE tries to download a file from the library it cannot. The imac won"t remeber changes to the time and date so when i change them it won't save. That is another issue i would like solved . On with this issue. I was able to change the time to a fake time, leave it open and authorize the computer. It worked with the right email address i typed in. Back to the laptop pc i went , used your advice of control shoft d and reauthorized it. IT worked! thankyou!  Now the original library book loaded to the pc won't show up on the imac. both loged in with the same id.  Not sure what is happening now. Maybe need to re download the library book on the re authorized computer?  Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this advice, but when I tried it, I got a message saying it can't deauthorise. I think that's because I already did that. Now it won't let me re-authorise without sending an email to my no longer valid email address!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, I have a similar problem, I have Digital Edition on my laptop (windows) I bought and downloaded a book from an on-line supplier (Kalahari.com) I wanted to transfer the book to my ASUS transformer tablet which has adobe installed.  I also installed their ebook reader app and have been told that I have set up multi id's.  I am unable to autherise my ebook to redownload.  I was told that I could have the multi id's consolidated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines