Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Silent Deployment Guide?

Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find the official documentation on how to silently deploy ADE 2.0?  I wasn't able to find anything from the main page easily.  http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html

Thanks

Josh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you will; I don't remember finding any official docs for 1.7 either although it will silently install if you pass the EXE installer /S  (caps matters).

The problem with 2.0 is that when ran silently it won't run migration.exe nor can I seems to run the migration silently to both migrate the data and remove the old version.

Why oh why would Adobe not deliver ADE as an MSI with such options like it does Flash, Reader, and the like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am working in the biggest library in Alaska and am in the same boat as everyone else i found the orignal document for Deploying Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 But i would love to know if there is a supported command line parameter to trigger the migrate.exe and a parameter for doing an uninstall of 1.7

Right now i am looking at having to run the uninstaller for 1.7 and wipe out any books related to adobe digital editions and download them again. Thankfully these are for our public use terminals and not our faculitie machines as that would not be an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines