• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to place hidden text "behind" or within a jpg image?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 9 to write and edit a user help manual. All the help topics must be searchable from within the Help contents in the application.

One such topic is Keyboard Shortcuts. The problem is that this topic is a JPG image, so it's not possible to search from it within the Help Contents and Index.

From my work with MS Word, I know how to place hidden text (transparent) in a textbox behind an image, which would enable a search. Basically, I'd type "Keyboard Shortcut" into the textbox, paste it behind the JPG image, so that when a user types that term in the Search field, they are directed to the location of the JPG.  Can I accomplish this, or the equivalent, in RH9?

The only other option I can think of is to type the list of shortcuts out, but that's inefficient and time consuming.

If anyone has any other suggestions for making the JPG (or at least the term "Keyboard Shortcuts") searchable, I'd appreciate it.

I know MS OneNote allows users to search for text within images.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Look at the properties for the topic in question. Specifically, the tab labeled General. On that tab is a field where you are able to add Keywords for just such a purpose.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Sadly the application itself that draws upon the documentation we write in RH doesn't seem to have the ability to search for keywords, but at least you've explained how I can make that setting in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp