• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not working in Chrome, Firefox and Waterfox

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet it will work in IE9 for me on a Windows 7 x64 set of systems.  Why not the others.

I only use IE9 for industry specific websites and Chrome or Firefox for all others, but now have to use IE9 for all content.

Is this a Microsoft-Adobe conspiracy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help you understand the difference of each browser:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1054736?tstart=0

For Chrome you can troubleshoot with google site here:

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=108086

For Firefox you should check this page:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keep-flash-up-to-date-and-troubleshoot-problems

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestions Hitomi, but I have tried all the obvious suggestions (removing and reinstalling Flash from each browser multiple times).

Frankly I don't believe Oswald was the only shooter in the Kennedy Assassination, so I must simple be open to conspiracy theories, but when Adobe Flash suddenly stops working in my 2 favorite browsers all in the same week, yet works swimmingly well in my least favorite browser I suppose I get suspicious.

For now IE9 is back to being my default browser as much as I am disappointed in that fact.  But at least websites utilizing flash technology work in that browser.

Perry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did uninstall Firefox and update Waterfox and reinstalled Adobe Flash.

It appears to be working.

Thank you.  I will now work on Chrome.

Perry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoops, I was wrong.  It popped up as working in IE9 which I mistook for Firefox.  Still not working in Chrome/Firefox/Waterfox.

Apparently Adobe Flash is no longer compatible with browsers other than Microsoft so if I want to use it I must always use IE9.

Bummer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines