Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to make QR code bigger

Level 1

Hi gurus,

I'm trying to create QR code bigger. I mean not with amount of data, but enlarge it. That I'll be able to read it with barcode reader from bigger distance.

I'm using LiveCycle ES2.

Any guesss?

THanks for any answer.

8 Replies

Former Community Member

The trick to resizing barcodes within Designer is actually to NOT use the mouse to attempt to resize the barcode itself. Click on the barcode object itself and then resize using the height and width properties of the object. If you try to change the size using your mouse Designer attempts to chose the "best" sizing.

Keep in mind that QRCode will always be square and PDF417 will always be rectangle (you can force it to be square but there would be little to no data capture).

Level 1

QR code.png

I found that option on Layout tab. But it changes only size of background of QR code but not QR code itself. I put 40 characters in it (it will be approximately like this). Under Width and Height is option Expand to fit(for both), but they are both greyed.

Could you explain it little more how to enlarge QR code(maybe some printscreens)?

Thanks a lot.

Former Community Member

In XML Source tab ,Modify the value of the "moduleWidth" and "moduleHeight" fields.

QR2.png

QR3.png

Level 1

Hi , but i have also get the same requirement to increase the size of the QR code . But i am not able to see the xml source in my layout of this qr code . So can i increase the size please help me out .

AbhishekRa1_0-1688898841648.png

Level 1

Hi, you can prnt the QR Code as vector image, and you may enlarge it by drag it. Or you just set the width, height and bar module size to change size of the generated QR Code. Hope this helps.

Former Community Member

Hi psmusic,

Writed you  code Whow event for barcode size in adobe form layout? I tried but it is not .

Hope this helps

Level 1

I'm confused. If the QR code was generated as vector, why can't it just be placed in Illustrator and resized?

I can understand a problem if the QR code was generated as a screened halftone, but it seems the .eps files I'm generating are vector. So can someone help me understand the dilemma?