• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trouble downloading adobe digital editions on xp.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble downloading adobe digital editions laptop w/ windows xp. Once download is finished I get an error saying I need to debug the program? Won't let me cuz error says I don't have a JIT debugger? Help! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Ok that is likely the problem.  You need to have at least Service Pack 3 installed.  I would recommend that you run software update from Start>All Programs>Windows Updates or visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/.  I would recommend you not only install at least Service Pack 3 but any other recommended updates.  Once your system is up to date then please feel free to try install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0?  Can you provide a screenshot of the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, here is the screenshotError.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is moreError2.png

The errors just keep me in a loop and won't let me do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd do you participate in software development which might be why your computer is looking for a JIT debugger?  Also what service pack do you currently have installed in Windows XP?  You can find this information by going to Start>My Computer and selecting properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is Adobe Digital Editions 2.0. I tried to find a different version but could only find the 2.0. Thanks again for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its service pack 2 and no I'm not in software development but I did buy this laptop used but it was wiped and xp was on it when I bought it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that is likely the problem.  You need to have at least Service Pack 3 installed.  I would recommend that you run software update from Start>All Programs>Windows Updates or visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/.  I would recommend you not only install at least Service Pack 3 but any other recommended updates.  Once your system is up to date then please feel free to try install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!! Thank you so much! You were wonderful and I really appreciated you taking the time to explain and send the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent thank you for the update SRBDRB!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines