Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.6 code hinter problem - not showing some methods

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a problem with FB code hinter. It does not show some methods on an object.

To be exact I created a Date object and FB code hinter does not show .toDateString method (actually I it shows only one to string method - .ToString(), although according to docs there are more)

When I use .toDateString method, code still compiles and work just fine, however method is not showing up in code hinter, which is really annoying..

Anyone had this problem? If so, please, share some wisdom how to solve this thing.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

Here is some more info in my problem.

I have tried to reinstall the application, but it did not help.

So what I did was:

* first I installed FB standard edition version 4.

* I checked the code hinter and it worked. It showed .toDateString method.

* I have purchased FB standard 4.5 upgrade.

* I installed this upgrade, and boom the code hinter does not show the method...

* Next I tried to create a project with Flex 4.1 sdk and then it worked - method was there. So the problem is with 4.6 sdk apparently...sucks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also having the same issue. Its not listing this method.

What Im more worried about is.... it is showing in the demo videos which they created using 4.5.

So, it will be difficult for first time learners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have the same problem. I have a new FB 4.6 installation and it is my first FB installation. Do you have a solution already?undefined property.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines