• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lesson files for "Adobe CS6 Classroom In A Book" not accessible

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the book for my Kindle Fire and followed the instructions to open a web browser on my laptop and go to a url but it didn't work.Screen Shot 2012-10-18 at 9.55.26 AM.png

I emailed Peachpit after the url for the lesson files didn't work but haven't heard from them. It's been a week. The book is not usuable without the lesson files.

Who should I contact?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your screenshot it looks like you haven't signed into your account or created an account. Click on Account Sign In and create an account if you have not already.

You need to register your product before they will give you the files.

sign-up.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I got the same message after login in with my account. I requested again that they contact me. My product is registered.Screen Shot 2012-10-21 at 2.57.33 PM.pngI also contacted Amazon.

Screen Shot 2012-10-21 at 2.44.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks for the update. I had thought it was an easily remedied registration problem. Since PeachPit Press is unresponsive, you might just be able to get a refund from Amazon on your Kindle purchase and go for another format.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm still hoping that Peachpit will come through.

For that matter, the url in the Kindle version is probably the same as the one in the printed book.

The book shouldn't be sold if the lesson files are inaccessible.

I've always used PS Elements. When PS CS6 had such a low price recently I broke down and purchased it.

I've got Scott Kelby's CS6 book on Kindle and it's been useful, but the idea of having lessons with actual files seemed to make sense in learning the basics.

I've been using Lightroom for a couple of years and the new PS look is familiar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Deke McClelland. His training videos are online at lynda.com along with 83,000 courses covering other types of software. I pay the $25/month fee, but no exercise files,yet still his videos are excellent. If you go to check out a course, for example "Photoshop CS6 One on One" some of the lessons are free, just to give you an idea of what to expect and whether you want to go with this site. Lynda.com has companion apps that allow for access on the iPad and smartphones as  well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peachpit came through! After emailing a representative screenshots the needed link was provided.

I've downloaded the lesson files.

I had to download them individually and couldn't download them all at the same time.Screen Shot 2012-10-24 at 6.36.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, and thanks for updating your thread.

Over the years, I have found PeachPit to be very good at customer support, but had no experience with the problem that you detailed.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update and screenshots. Too many times people asking for help vanish and we never know what advice works and what doesn't. Adobe staff does monitor the boards and it can alert them to difficulties as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i know this is years ago but would u mind sharing that link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines