Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player wont update on Mac 10.5.8

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a contuining problem updating flash. It asks me to update it in chrome and safari, when I do it still doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing and that didn't help either. I have noticed that when I go to Library>Internet Plugins - flash isn't there, but I thought it would go there after installing it??

Any thoughts on what to do?

Many thanks

Kit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Hello,

Users who are using MAC 10.5 or below, then you can Flash Player 10.3

You can download Flash Player 10.3.189.29 from this document : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Note : You will get a .zip file and once it is extracted  you need to double click on the .dmg file (flashplayer10_3r183_29_mac.dmg)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you try a clean install ?

Uninstall for MAC available here :

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Offline installer for MAC : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ideally you should have Flash Player plug-in in the Library/Internet Plugins folder after a successful installation. I doubt you are just downloading Flash Player, but not really installing it. After the download, you need to double-click the file you downloaded and should follow the prompts. The following link has step-by-step info: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#main-pars_heading...

Could you please confirm if you did that?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as kitgrill and have followed those steps exactly.  Flash Player will still not install or update.  I have tried uninstalling and installing as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried all of that numerous times... and It. Will. Not. Work.  Beyond frustrated, here.  Please advise and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try the steps outlined here to make sure we're starting with a clean system:

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Then install this version of Flash Player:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_10_osx.d...

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Chris,

I followed your directions but the problem is not resolved. The message is given that my Shockwave Flash is up to date (version 10.3.183.29) but when I go to watch something (regardless of firefox/chrome/safari) it says that it requires an update.

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paul,

Could you upload a screenshot of that prompt ?

Also have you tried a different user account on your MAC (As a testing).

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have found out why we're not able to update to 11.  Need at least 10.6 now, since Adobe is no longer dealing with older than that.  Not fair, in my opinion.  Guess I'll be forced to upgrade.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah but i think its rediculous to just assume all of your 10.5 customers can and will be able to upgrade. it's quite expensive and not everyone is economically able to purchase an upgrade just so they  can use flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Users who are using MAC 10.5 or below, then you can Flash Player 10.3

You can download Flash Player 10.3.189.29 from this document : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Note : You will get a .zip file and once it is extracted  you need to double click on the .dmg file (flashplayer10_3r183_29_mac.dmg)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we know can only have 10.3 - and most sites are now 11+!!!  Do you not see the problem, here?  Without an upgrade for OSX, you've effectively blocked a whole lotta people from using Flash - and I for one, am highly annoyed at Adobe for this decision to not support my OS.  Since there's not a whole lot of choice in the matter, I will have to upgrade; but I will not forget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

think i found the answer, go to

right click on adobe flash manager application> get info > click open with rosetta

should work fine

fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

de igual forma no puedo ver videos mac os x 10.5.8 no puedo instalar nigun plugin

flash player.... alguien puede ayudar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Oscar,

Please see Vikam's post on Oct 23, 2012.  Flash Player 10.3.189.29 is the last version supported on OS X 10.5.8.  In order to install a newer version of Flash Player, you'll need to update to a newer version of OS X.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines