Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workaround for installing Flash Player on Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I know that this is not supported solution by Adobe, but I managed to install Flash Player from Google Play on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" device running Android ICS 4.0.4.

Here's what I did:

- Installed SWF Player - Flash ®FileViewer from Google Play and started it

- As the SWF Player - Flash ®FileViewer required Flash Player, it referred me to Google Play Flash Player download page.

- Download and installation of Flash Player was from there a usual process of installing an app.

- I could not see Flash Player in the Google Play installed items list, but it is listed in the internal installed programs list. Flash content runs in the default browser and there is a settings icon in the apps list.

Everything may not work, I don't know this as of yet but hey..at least something, rather than nothing, works. So far so good.

Cheers,

Jaakko J.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, tried on my vz droid razr maxx, playstore allows swf install, still will not allow flash plugin, "not available in your country(USA)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800, initially was Honeycomb3.2, and upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 officially released by Samsung lately.

I have checked with Samsung and below are their replied:

Based on your email, please try this steps:

- Please download adobe flash player 11.apk from your pc,

- Download Kies onto your pc, transfer this file to your mobile/tablet using the usb cable,

- Please ensure "Unkown Resources" is ticked,

- Locate the flash11.apk onyour mobile/tablet, select install,

- After installing, restart your device,

- Please take note Jelly Bean O/S DOES NOT SUPPORT.

Samsung did not provide me the direct link for downloading the flash 11.apk. However, I google it and manage to locate the link, the link is:

"https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGw..."

I have installed and so far working fine, actually flash player is only for surfing certain websites that contain flash images that require flash, if not, is not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines