• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 - Crashes when making Printed Docs

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small project that I want to make into a PDF file. RoboHelp just crashes. Does anybody have any thoughts? Is there something obvious that I might have forgotten to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Well, after a lot of testing, it turned out that the problem was one line that somehow sneaked into my stylesheet:

mso-bookmark: _Toc152401062;

After I removed this line, everything worked.

Thanks

~Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really mean it crashes or does it hang? Any error messages?

Does it crash if you try to generate a Word document instead of a PDF?

Have you tried using one of the sample project?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter, It actually crashes. I have attached a screen shot of what happens. So far, this only happens on this particular project. I have another project that works fine. I have Word 2010 installed. It doesn't matter whether I try to make a doc or a pdf. Both crash.

10-23-2012 2-04-09 PM.png

~M Becker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First have you tried creating a new print layout, not a duplicate as that will just copy any corruption there?

After that I am thinking perhaps the quickest troubleshooter in the long run would be divide and conquer.

Zip up the project so you have a copy that cannot accidentally be opened and worked on. That gives you a copy that you can safely revert to later if needed. Save the zip file somewhere safe.

Then create another copy of the project so that you have two copies that can be worked on.

Open Copy 1 and delete half the topics. Ignore any broken links reported. Generate the document from that copy.

Open Copy 2 and delete the other half of the topics. Generate the document from that copy.

It should be the case that one copy is now OK and one still has the problem.

Trash the good copy and then create a second copy of the copy with the problem.

Repeat the process until you have located the topic that is causing the problem.

The process takes less time than you might think.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a go and report. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after a lot of testing, it turned out that the problem was one line that somehow sneaked into my stylesheet:

mso-bookmark: _Toc152401062;

After I removed this line, everything worked.

Thanks

~Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly a topic created from importing or pasting from Word.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, damn their eyes.

Thanks, as always for your suggestions.

Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp