Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.4.402.287 ActiveX fails in Windows 8

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When i try to install Flash player of version 11.4.402.287  ActiveX (.msi) on a fresh windows 8 machine, the installation fails and gives the error : "Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected.". Is is like this version of flash player not supported in WIndows 8 ? I see that already flash player exists in the machine with version 11.3.374.7. Shouldn't the update 11.4.402.287 upgrade 11.3.374.7?

When i try to install 11.4.402.287 ActiveX(.exe) on windows 8 it gives " Your IE include the latest version of Flash Player built-in. Windows update will inform you when new versions of the flash Player are available:"

Kindly help to get 11.4.402.287 to be installed in windows 8.

Regards,

Poorni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer 10 comes bundled with Flash Player; you cannot manually install/update that Flash Player.  All FP updates for IE10 will come via Windows Update.  Which of course will not happen before Windows 8 is officially released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines