Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash builder 4.5 launch failed

Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project I built using most of the code from the employee directory tutorial and when i made the changes to run it using DAO and the sqllite database it does not launch and sends me a lauch failed error

Process terminated unexpectedly

initial content not found

Any help to get this so I can atleast run it and debug it would be great

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Is Project -> Build automatically turned on? Are the errors in your "Problems" view?

This happens because the SWF that AIR is looking for is not present. The SWF usually has the same name as main application and is referenced in the appname-app.xml file in bin-debug via the content XML tag.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Project -> Build automatically turned on? Are the errors in your "Problems" view?

This happens because the SWF that AIR is looking for is not present. The SWF usually has the same name as main application and is referenced in the appname-app.xml file in bin-debug via the content XML tag.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the help,

yes there are 2 errors but as I was coding I kept running the application thinking it was proceeding with the errors. from your comment, i assume the following can you tell me if this is correct.

as i was changing code it wasnt actially rebuilding the swf file because of the errors, and when i would click to proceed it was actually running in the last known good code that was complied in the swf file so even thought I was changing many of the files, it wasnt effecting the way the application ran since it wasnt recompiling the swf file.  This makes sense to me because I was changing data in the xml file it was pulling from and the changes were showing up  in the application, even thought the code was changes and there was no longer a refereance to that xml file. 

I then ran the clean ulitity under project since it wasnt behaving the was I expected, i assume this wiped out the swf file and then when it tried to recompile the new on it failed because of the errors.

If this is all correct could you please let me know. I will assume for now i really need to focus on the two errors in my dao code.

Thanks,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, is your output folder set to bin-debug? (In Project Properties -> Build Path)

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a related note that might be the cause of some people's problem:

I just had a similar problem (how/why I found this post) and I was getting a similar error.  The problem started when I deleted the .swf from the bin-release folder.  I kept getting:

Process terminated unexpectedly.

initial content not found

Launch command details:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\bin\adl.exe" -runtime "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\runtimes\air\win" C:\wamp\www\Imaginus.org\projects\xxx\xxx\xxx-app.xml C:\wamp\www\Imaginus.org\projects\xxx\xxx

(xxx is/was the name of my project)

I fixed the problem when I was looking at the properties and under "Properties>Builders" there is a checkbox for "Missing Builder (com.powerflasher.fdt.core.FlashBuilder)" that I'm guessing was added when I installed FDT PowerFlasher to play with a few days ago.  I unchecked the box and approved the "This is an advanced operation..." warning.  The compiler reconfigured itself and I tried to launch again.  This time FB DID rebuild the .swf and launched as expected.

Thought I'd add this comment just in case other people find this thread and just happen to have the same problem.

😃

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

i've got exactly the same problem but i don't find this checkbox for "missing builder"

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines