Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you change where the event handler is generated in the file? I find that the default (right after the method where you've typed the name) results in messy, disorganized code. By the time I move the code so it is organized, I could have just typed in the code myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amy,

I looked into this a little bit and don't have much for you. Sorry.

I found that you can change the contents of the generated Event Handler via Preferences>Flash Builder>Editors>Code Templates>Flash Builder. Interesting, but probably not helpful.

Also, when I generated an event handler, it went above my code as a new protected function in an <fx:Script> block.

I'm using version 4.6. What version are you using.

Regards,

Randy Nielsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Randy;

How are you?

I've already customized about everything I can find (I'm a bracket cuddler, so I combed through everywhere to remove the uncuddled brackets Adobe uses by default), so I already had my event handler itself customized. I once pinked out my interface to have a pink background and preppie code colors, plus pink and purple rounded tabs--it's pretty labor-intensive. That doesn't travel with workspaces or machines, so I only did it the once.  If I could have found a way to get unicorns in there as well, I probably would have.

That's how obsessive I can be about customizing my interface, so don't worry too much about it.

I'm on 4.6 as well.

Regards;

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amy,

Currently there is no way in Flash Builder to customize where the event handler should be generated.

I've raised an ECR on your behalf to be considered for future releases. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks . That's fantastc!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines