• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 - Conditional Tags in Multiscreen HTML5

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how I can assign conditional tags in the Multiscreen HTML5 single source layout. Where do I go to do this??

Thanks much!

Edited: I found it. I didn't realize that "expanding the screen profile" (per the online help) meant double clicking it. I kept clicking the plus sign.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You do it in the Screen Profile.

tmp1.PNG

Oh, and you don't actually assign tags there. What you assign (or define) is the Build Expression. Tags are defined elsewhere.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. My problem was with the instructions - they said to "expand" the screen profile, which I interpret as "click the plus sign." I did that over and over and over again, and still didn't see what I needed. When I finally thought to double-click it, I got in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I would have interpreted it the same way you did!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success in publishing. However...I carefully set all the conditional tags for "NOT External" before I published Multiscreen HTML5 to the external site. I pulled it up on my PC (presumably the Desktop Screen Profile), and the conditional tags DID NOT block the content. However, they worked on my IPhone. I confirmed that the conditional tags were in place for the Desktop screen profile, as well as all the others.

I don't have an Android, IPad or a Kindle Fire, so I can't test everything and confirm that the conditional tags worked.  But in the meantime, do you know what may have caused this to happen with the PC version?

I also viewed the content on my IPhone before and after the upload, and didn't notice a difference. What actually changes, when you optimize for handheld devices? What should I be looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp