Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Let customer Submit Web App item classification

New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know it's probably not a standart thing but can there be some workaround to let customers classify web app items that they submit. I'm aware of the ability to clasify in admin console for users.

Thanks

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Hi Gavin

You can use this :

<select name="CAT_Category" id="CAT_Category" class="cat_listbox" rows="4" multiple="multiple">

{module_categorylist}

</select>

Gregory

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to do this for sorting purposes, you should just create lots of generic classifications and give them a dropdown list to select from.  In theory, creating your own classification is cool...but like communism, this idea sucks.  How would you go about managing a page that has 1million classification types?

Although I may be wrong, I'd say the answer is NO anyway.  If you could dynamically populate classifications from webforms, there is still no inherent way to select these new classifications for a list view module parameter.

You COULD do it manually with an input field called "Classification", once the webapp is submitted:

1. Find the classification name

2. Create a new classification

3. Go to your list view page (or wherever you'd like all your webapps to show)

4. Insert new webapp for only this new classification

This would be viable if you had like 6 users, maybe 7.  But realistically this wont work for most cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<tr>

<td><label for="CAT_Category">Category</label><br />

<select name="CAT_Category" id="CAT_Category" class="cat_listbox">{module_categorylist}</select></td>

</tr>

Add this code to the webapp customer input form and check. You will get result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregory

I know we could do a test, but thought I'd ask you first

That snippet of code renders the category list as a drop-down select box.  That implies one can only select a single category on the input form?  Could it be changed to a multi-select listbox, for example, and then assign the webapp item to multiple categories?

Gavin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gavin

You can use this :

<select name="CAT_Category" id="CAT_Category" class="cat_listbox" rows="4" multiple="multiple">

{module_categorylist}

</select>

Gregory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what you can use to select multiple categories for user submitted webapps:

<tr>
     <td>
          <label for="CAT_Category">Category</label><br />
          <select multiple="multiple" name="CAT_Category" id="CAT_Category" class="cat_listbox">{module_categorylist}</select>
     </td>
</tr>

Message was edited by: LiamDilley - Just put the code in a code formating for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes, that's what I meant by can we change it to a multi-select   Just wanted to know if the prcocessing acepted that

Many thanks, very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have the same requirement for adding news items for a multi location company, however, when I add the code from above a new item is not created.

This is the code I am using.

<form name="catcustomcontentform79350" onsubmit="return checkWholeForm79350(this)" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" action="/CustomContentProcess.aspx?A=EditSave&CCID=8210&OID={module_oid}&OTYPE={module_otype}">

<table class="webform" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td><label for="ItemName">Item Title</label>

<input class="cat_textbox_small" type="text" name="ItemName" id="ItemName" maxlength="255" /> &bull;</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><label for="Upload_Photo">Upload Photo</label>

<input class="cat_textbox_small" type="file" name="{tag_image}" id="{tag_image}" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><label for="ItemDescription">Item Description</label>

<textarea name="ItemDescription" id="ItemDescription" cols="10" rows="4" class="cat_listbox"></textarea></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><label for="CAT_Category">Location</label>

<select name="CAT_Category" id="CAT_Category" class="cat_listbox">{module_categorylist}</select></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input class="cat_button" type="submit" value="Submit" id="catcustomcontentbutton" /></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/CatalystScripts/ValidationFunctions.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

//<![CDATA[

var submitcount79350 = 0;function checkWholeForm79350(theForm){var why = "";if (theForm.ItemName) why += isEmpty(theForm.ItemName.value, "Item Name");if (why != ""){alert(why);return false;}if(submitcount79350 == 0){submitcount79350++;theForm.submit();return false;}else{alert("Form submission is in progress.");return false;}}

//]]>

</script>

</form>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for all the feedback!  Most helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let me know the URL I can see this form on? If you want you can send me a PM an dI will look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregory,

Do you know if there's any way to create a dropdown list of a few category lists? Using the code above works great, but it inserts all categories across entire site. We'd like the cull the site on a per-web app basis so narrow down the choices a user has when classifying in the edit view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do it like so:

-put the module in the form like David Camerotto did above

-view the form in the front-end

-get the HTML code outputted by the form

-replace the {module_categorylist} in the back-end with the code you copied from the front-end

You can now remove the unneeded categories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines