• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF / phpBB intergration

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2006 Dec 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I would like to know if anyone has been successful in intergrating their member-based cf site with phpBB? If so could you explain how you did so.

If no one has:
My member-based site uses sessions to log member sign-ins and sign-outs instead of cflogin/cflogout. I went this way in hopes of being able to seamlessly intergrate the cf sign-ins with php sign-ins, more specifically phpBB. I don't think php can read cf sessions, if i'm wrong than correct me, so I'm thinking after the initial cf sign-in process, I will have to forward the page to a php sign-in script, then back again... whether using cflocation & the php equivalent (can't remember it right now). I would rather not use a js popup to run the additional script.

Additional info: Both my site tables and the phpBB tables reside in the same database (msSQL 2000).

Does anyone have any insight to this?? If so please respond. I'm slightly confused and don't want to waist days by going down the wrong track. Thanks in advance.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2006 Dec 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason you want to go with a PHP based forum? Ever consider a CF based
forum script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2006 Dec 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

phpBB is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the CF forums I've seen around on the web, in terms of functionality, esthetics, and add-on capability (MODS). Sorry about all the a's. I'm getting there, I'll post the walk-thru when done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2006 Dec 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone's interested, I figured out a way to log into both my cfm site and my phpbb forum, seemlessly.

Joint registration was easy. Just post the required fields into the required tables.
regdate must be unix, and password must be hash (md5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2006 Dec 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For log in I used two functions... one for cfm login & the other for phpbb login.
Using the first function to simply log into my cfm site, I stored both the phpbb username and password in session scope. This infomation I used for the second function.

<cffunction name="inphpbb" access="public" returntype="string">
<cfargument name="username" type="string" required="yes">
<cfargument name="password" type="string" required="yes">
<cfinclude template="phpbb_login_script.cfm">
<cfabort>
<cfreturn noResult>
</cffunction>

Included phpbb_login_script.cfm:
<cfif not isdefined('session.login')>
<cflocation url="#application.homepage#" addtoken="no">
</cfif>
<html xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
</head>
<body onload="document.phpbblogin.submit();">
<cfoutput>
<form name="phpbblogin" action=" http://www.yoursite.com/phpbb/login.php" method="post">
<input name="username" type="hidden" value="#arguments.username#" />
<input name="password" type="hidden" value="#arguments.password#" />
<input name="autologin" type="hidden" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value=" http://www.yoursite.com/alldone.cfm">
<input name="login" type="hidden" value="Log in" />
</form>
</cfoutput>
</body>
</html>

Important:
One small edit must be made to your login.php.
Approx line 104, Comment redirect(append_sid($url, true));
In it's place type, header("location: ".$HTTP_POST_VARS['redirect']); exit();

This was a lot quickly. So if any questions, I'll be checking back periodically. Thanks to all whom helped me with aspects of this code (Mike, Dan).

No I need to figure out how to sign out both, should be easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation