• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Render Files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really struggling to open a particular .prproj source file with a file size of 2.2GB.  While the smaller files are opening and editing flawlessly. I am wondering why a file could be so large given that the smaller files are duplicates (161mb) and contain almost all the same information. The only thing I can imagine is that I know that file has been rendered A LOT, so that has increased its size expodentially.

I switched recently to Premiere from FCP so a bit at a loss. If I delete the render files and restart will that reduce the project file size? If so, were are the render files? Under preferences there is a media cache file in /application support totalling 8.5GB. Any idea if that is it?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 27, 2012 Oct 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp Stabilizer is notorious for making project files huge. Did you stabilize any of your clips?

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steven, no, I have not used the stabilizer but have used several filters such as color corrector etc. I cannot even open the file at the moment though some earlier versions are opening and editing nicely. Do you know were the render files are ordinarily kept (or how I can find them) so I can delete them and hopefully decrease the file size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing on a macbook pro 2.66 GHZ w/ 8GB of RAM. Not sure how I can keep this info my profile to avoid retyping it every post...though I did search around.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just look in the Sequence menu for "Delete Render Files".

I don't know for sure, but I think it is more likely that will reduce your file size than looking for the files and deleting them yourself.

I do that every so often for big projects to keep the disk usage down. I just rerender when I am about to go to dinner or watch a little TV.

To be honest I have never paid much attention to the size of the project file.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is that I can't open the file Steven. If I can delete the actual render files first, maybe I can open the file/ sequence menu and do as you suggest..problem is, I am not sure were they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search your hard drive for "Adobe Premiere Pro Preview Files".

I don't know if the directory is named the same on a Mac, but it is worth a try.

Otherwise, since on a PC the files end in .avi I would guess that yours end in .mov - and maybe they begin with the word Rendered like mine do?  Search on "Rendered" and see if you can find them.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven, I know where all my rendered files are being kept but if I delete rendered files that I am currently editing on premiere pro, will it 'un-render' the files or potentially delete the files on the opened sequence? I also want to ask that if I delete my rendered files from a previous project but is still in premiere pro file format, and when I open the project again, will the file's be unrendered?

/?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Render files and preview are not original media. Render files and previews are used for playback and both can be recreated at need.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete the cache file you have in premiere pro preferences. Heres a link Clean those Adobe Media Cache Files by Scott Simmons

The render files are also in the preview/render files that you can delete in the "Premiere Pro Preview Files" folder, these usually aren't large files so I'd go for deleting the cache files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can try to import the same project in a new one and check the size of the project.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines