• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't click drop-down lists in curves adjustment layer

Engaged ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd behavior in released x64 version of CS6 for Windows: on my laptop (ASUS G73S with 1.5 gb nVidia GeForce video), when I crop an image, the drop-down menus in a curves adjustment layer become unclickable. But I can still access the RGB channels using the Alt + 3, 4 and 5 shortcuts. This behavior doesn't occur on my workstation, and if I don't crop the image, the drop-down menus work fine. I have the crop tool set to delete pixels. Also, if I apply curves directly (not with an adjustment layer), the dialog box works OK. And the other adjustment layers seem to be working, too. It's only the curves layer that's doing this.

Any ideas what this could be? I'm wondering if I should report it as a bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that a few times on windows 8 32 bit, photoshop cs6 32 bit with 4gb of ram, a nVidia 8400 gs graphics card and open gl seems to work fine.

I guess that's probably some kind of glitch.

One way to get back the dropdown is to click on the Curves Display Options in the flyout menu and then just click OK in the dialog.

Added: It doesn't seem to happen if the crop tool is set to Classic Mode.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still persists. I have just upgraded today to CS6 with Adobe Cloud so I have the latest release (13.0). I am editing in LAB, and lightness, a, and b in a curve adjustment layer are often inaccessible. I cannot change the properties of the curve or select a preset. The dialog will move and close and it will allow me to change points on the lightness channel (displayed as default). The problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the crop tool; it seems to happen randomly, and it happens too often!

Thank goodness R_Kelly proposed a "fix." But I agree, this is so fundamental that it should be resolved.

[I am running under Windows 7 with a new Dell PC using an i5 processor and the default Intel 2500 grapics.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update photoshop cs6 to version 13.01 and that should correct the problem.

In photoshop go to Help>Updates to download an install the latest updates for your adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I have escalated this issue and hopefully this will be fixed in the near furture.

in the meanwhile as Kelly has mentioned, this is the workaround, everytime you use crop you have to click the cusrve display option.

This is not the permament solution to the problem though .

Thanks all for your patience.

--Baljeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! I have been probing around for hours to solve this issue and came across this thread. I hope there will be a permanent fix soon.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines