• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online Videos turning green and going in fastforward.

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All videos randomly go green and then fastforward to the end while making a weird crackling noise.

Steps I have already tried. I have turned off video acceleration,used different browser, updated video drivers and reinstalled adobe all to no avail. The most recent thing I have done is install an older version of adobe. This seems to get rid of the green screen problem  it however creates its own problem and videos randomly get stuck.

I usually can find help with most problems through google but I can't find any good assistance with this one so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the time,

Daniel

I don't know how I should put my system info on here but im running windows 7 64 bit, AMD Radeon hd 6800 series video card and I can't say what else is important to note ( although im sure there is alot of things)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

No, it does look as if it is a bug from one of Microsoft's updates that's affecting ESET AV software and other AVs, such as bitdefender.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4840546#4840546

These posts are from an ESET moderator and has explained that they're waiting for a fix from Microsoft.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2146781&postcount=63

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2146810&postcount=65

For now, we're going to have to remove both the updates and wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer versions of Flash Player require newer device drivers for your graphics card; "green" stuff is a strong indication that your graphics driver is outdated.

Check if a newer drivers is available for your device at http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have done this already, it says my drivers are up to date.

Thanks for your response

Danny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danny,

Can you post a copy of your dxdiag report?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Windows_users

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I think I made the bug report and attached the dxdiag. ( if i did it correctly)

The bug id is

Adobe Flash Player  11.4   -  Bug  3339679

Thanks for the response,

Danny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the bug report.  I'm not seeing anything crazy here.

We have around a half-dozen machines with ATI Radeon HD chipsets (4,5 and 6xxx series) in our GPU compatibility labs, and we're not seeing this issue.

Can you tell me what browsers and versions you're running, and whether you're seeing this in all of them or just one?

Our Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox players are all significantly different.  This would really help narrow it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exectly the same problem: green screen and fastworward. It happens randomly, it will happen for sure with any long video (maybe some buffer is overflowed). Although, it can happen in the beginning as well. I cannot watch videos on youtube because of this.

I tried to re-install and update browsers/adobe flash player, VGA drivers, turning off h/a doesn't change anything. It happens in IE, firefox, opera.

My config is the same as topickstater's: Windows 7 64bit, ATI 6850, i5-3570, 8gb RAM.

Fix it because I already hate flash and I'm going to hate the whole adobe soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Green screen and fastworward on Youtube. Using Opera 12.

My config is:

AMD Athlon 620, MSI GeForce 260GTX 896 Mb, 4Gb RAM    Win7x64

I have searched on a subject, but the most popular solution was disable the hardware acceleration in player settings. It didn't help in my case. Besides, majority of advices on that subject dated feb-april 2012 or earlier.

The problem was not present for me until i have updated Flash player yesterday.

Submitted a bug report, it's Adobe Flash Player 11.4  -  Bug 3346125. DXdiag included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried IE, firefox and opera (all have the latest version at the moment) - bug exists in all of them.

I have some doubts whether it is a hardware related bug - I have a fast 2000MHz corsair memory which is not officially supported by Intel ( I have Ivy Bridge 3570). However, I do not have any "screens of death" and all games work fine.

And one thing: for me, it happens only on youtube. For example, I can watch live streams (own3d, twitchTV) or on-line video on ex.ua (which uses flash) without any problems. If you can propose any other video site I can check if the bug exists there. The only thing - it has to have long enogh video (20 minutes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For folks continuing to reproduce this issue with hardware acceleration disabled:

Pease provide a couple exact URLs to where the issue reproduces for you.  Also, include the quality setting (like youtube, if quality is adjustable) and whether you're watching in full-screen or embedded mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten this problem on regular video quality, full screen and none full screen. One website that the problem occurs on is http://www.narutoget.com/ and all the other anime sites I went to for the  same videos. I didn't have any problems watching stream on http://www.twitch.tv, however this was only for a little bit of time, ill have to do some tests when I get back to my desktop. Same can be said for youtube, Ill do some test vidoes in a few days since I haven't tried youtube much. The weirdest part is that I could watch one video and it won't work at all but some random time later it would be fine. It is a very random occuring problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the problem is in videos themselves, but it's definetly has something to do with the video quality (720p+ are affected, 480p, 360p are ok for me) and lenght (I've played and skipped fragments in really short videos  2 - 2:30m without any problems, even on HD quality - 720 and 1080). The glitch will reproduce much faster if I start to skip some fragments of video by clicking on the playback bar.

But, of course, i'll provide you with some links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ol7r3EGWbA&feature=plcp   (quality 720+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2q0PDA0zPo&list=UUZ8D7Qvm0YHm0vZKFl-AFdA&index=2&feature=plcp   (quality 720+)

That could be pretty much any long enough HD video on youtube, not only these.

Btw, Keegmiseter Flash said above that he has no problem with twitch.tv  - I can confirm that, either for right-now-streaming videos or the already recorded ones. All quality settings are ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having this problem for a while now. It happens on every youtube video, recently today I watched a clip for 4 sec before the bug messed it up. It's the worst when watching in 720p & 1080p but it occasionally happens in lower resolutions.

Disableing hardware acceleration does not fix the issue. Updating/reinstalling drivers for flashplayer & my videocard doesn't fix it either. This happens using internet explorer, chrome and firefox. Currently using Firefox 16.0.1.

Windows 7, 64bit

GeForce GTX 460

Examples:

http://youtu.be/GfciCCvsv3o

http://youtu.be/Kjp2cu8tekk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green and fastforward on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w28rhjE1BG8&feature=plcp  (720p, fullscrean)

PC config above in the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the exact same problem here.

Win 7 x86, Radeon HD 5850, running the latest drivers for my gfx card and the latest version for Flash. Latest version of Firefox too and 11.5 Flash beta doesn't work for me.

This is a video I randomly picked on youtube that's crashed more than once for me, but it doesn't happen everytime. I get a green screen and the sound freaks out, then the video fast forwards to the end within 3-5 secs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwTkcmPk39I

It only ever happens on HD resolutions and it happens on embedded videos, fullscreen and standard window view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any sollution for this issue coming soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, ChrilluZ. Look how few people posted. This glitch is not massive, so generally no one gives a frag.

Anybody tried to reinstall Windows, as an ultimate "fix"? (because I see my brother's PC flash player is ok [which has same HW config as mine, by the way], flash player is ok on my notebook, only my desktop PC is affected)?

Not much of a solution, but i'm willing to do so (reinstall), if the next FP update will not fix the problem. So it would be nice to know for sure if this will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time reproducing it.   I believe that you guys are seeing it, and would like to get it fixed.  I just can't make it happen in the lab at this point.  

I spent the better part of a day running Naruto videos in my second monitor last week on the closest Win7 laptops I could find with no luck.

I was thinking that maybe it had to do with packet loss and network latency (Adobe has a sweet Internet connection, which I was thinking might mask this kind of problem), so I built out a Wide Area Network simulator to run all my traffic through.  It drops, stalls and corrupts packets pretty aggressively.  I ran youtube for a solid day on a stuttery, terrible simulated connection and didn't see the green frames there either.

I'm still very much interested in the problem, but I'm stumped about what the common denominator is.  If Hardware Acceleration is off, we're using the software codecs built into Flash Player -- those issues should reproduce consistently across machines.

I've heard some complaints about a couple software firewall and browser/security suites in the forums, but haven't had a chance to do any kind of deep investigation there yet.

If you guys have things installed that might be contributing -- any kind of video capture tools, virus/security/malware packages (especially the free/off-brand ones), third-party browser plug-ins, etc, I can try installing those to see if the issues reproduce.

Short of re-installing Windows, it would be interesting to create a new user on Windows as an experiment.  If the issue isn't happening on your machine with the default profile settings (resolution, etc), then you've isolated the variable down to a fairly short list of things to look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and some of the free browser-based MMORPGs ship stuff that tries to wrap Flash Player (presumably to prevent/detect automated gold-farming and whatnot).  If you have anything like that running, that would be interesting as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this Jeromie.

I'll try to list everything I normally have running in the background that may possibly affect Flash:

- Fraps (I use this for the FPS counter).

- NOD32 Antivirus Software

- Subsonic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsonic_%28media_server%29

- Microsoft IntelliType Pro

I don't believe it has anything to do with any Firefox addons, as I've tried it with all addons disabled. By the way, can you elaborate on what you meant by default profile settings? My resolution has been 1920x1080 since the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a good data point.  There are all kinds of little preferences associated with your account that won't be present when you create a fresh Windows user.  Other stuff does persist -- your virus scanner and stuff, the applications you have installed.  It's only interesting if the problem stops happening.  Then we have something specific to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here.
Win7 64bit, an AMD HD 7850 and an Intel 2600K. 8GB of ram.

Running NOD32 in the background. I just made a new user account, but the same thing happens there.

The problem, the video turns green and starts skipping till the end (it stays green). Sometimes this produces a lot crackling noise.
It happens in all browsers (64bit or not), Hardware Acceleration on or off. I reinstalled everything from browser to flash. Latest video drivers, even beta ones.

It isn't site specific, all flash videos (as far as I watch them) have the problem. Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes only the first 4 seconds of a video are watchable.

I will try to record a video of the bug when it happens.

EDIT: Sometimes a video (youtube) just stops halfway and says this video is unavailable. On other sites this visible when it justs shows the overlay when you reached the end of the video (like showing links to other videos).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the same problems with the videos here?

http://www.popcornjs.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because his problems are exactly the same as mine, I'm going to say that html5 videos work perfectly for me.

The problem is that Youtube videos with advertising don't support html5 yet, so your only choice is to use Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I've been messing around with this all morning.  I looked at ESET and TotalDefense AV packages and Subsonic. 

I've got an email into our GPU test team.  It looks like they're actively testing with the Radeon 5870, so I've asked them to hit all the URLs listed above in 720 and 1080p to see if they can find a reproducible case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines