Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

help - form is returning to wrong email

Former Community Member

I have a registration form set up in LiveCycle that I am distributing from Acrobat. In LiveCycle the submit button is set up to go to one email, which is also the email it is sent from when I distribute it from Acrobat. However, when a user fills out the form and goes to submit it, it wants to return it to my other work email (I have 2 different ones). This would be fine, except that my email is spelled incorrectely (I have two work emails - one is specific to me, the other is for the program I coordinate).

How do I change what email it is automatically being returned to? Is this a LifeCycle issue or an Acrobat issue?

Any insight would be appreciated!

4 Replies

Level 10

Make sure that your form is not cached on local system/Server. Just try to clear the cache value and try again.

Former Community Member

I'm having a similar problem.  The last person to return my first form used his work email when he returned the form to me - his email is "wrongone@oops.com."

I made a second form, and after I sent it to the recipients many asked why it was trying to send the form to "wrongone@oops.com"

How do I get rid of that other guy's email?

Level 1

Its pulling the email from Acrobat, not livecycle.

Open Acrobat, go Prefrences and Identity. Then change the email there. This is a really dumb bug in livecycle.

I'm really nervous about using the form I made - given problems like this. Has anyone had success actually distributing a form and getting results... using the email distribution??

Or is livecycle really not ready for prime time?

I need to send this 800 or so users and don't want to troubleshoot 800 stupid little things like this.

Former Community Member

It does get nerve wracking.  I finally found out about the Preferences>Identity a few days after submitting my post.  I only found out about it by accident because I was so desperate I was clicking every option and link and tool that I could.

So many little things to go wrong...