• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standalone will not open sites

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I hope someone can help with the installation of standalone flash.

My system is Vista 32bit, with Chrome (latest update), and due to problems with CPU at 100% causing game lag and freezing, I decided to try the standalone version.

However, when I paste an address into the standalone, it does not connect - it does nothing at all. I tried disabling the flash in Chrome but this did nothing. I can resize the standalone window and change the quality setting, but nothing else.

I deleted the standalone, then downloaded a fresh one but this is exactly the same. Is it possible that it needs Java to run ? I do not have Java on this computer.

I would be grateful for any suggestions,

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you're not going to be able to use the standalone/projector file like that.  It's meant to load a swf file, not a webpage.

Have you tried using a different browser or changing Chrome to use the system copy of Flash Player instead of it's built in version?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and the helpful link. The previous version of Chrome that was installed had the two flash versions - and it helped when I disabled the pepper version. However, I seemed to gradually get more lag and freezing / crashing etc, so I did a full system re-install.

I then downloaded the latest Chrome (a few days ago), and this has :

Flash - Version: 11.4.31.110

Shockwave Flash 11.4 r31

Do you think it best to download a separate flash and then disable the one built into Chrome ?

The strange thing about the standalone flash is that I've actually used it before to play the browser game (this was around 6 months ago) !

I have previously used Maxthon browser which has flash built-in, so I might give this another try.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a link to the game's swf, you might still be able to play it with the stand alone/projector version of Flash Player.

As for installing the plugin version (and disabling Chrome's version), I'd say give it a try.  You might want to use our 11.5 beta version to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. Here is the link to the game :

http://tankionline.com/en/

I just added the address to standalone flash but still no joy I'm afraid.

I will try the beta version,

Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2012 Oct 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update - I installed the beta flash and disabled the one built-in to Chrome. The game is more responsive with just occasional lag. The CPU has dropped from 100% continuous down to between 92 - 95%.

For some reason, the beta standalone will not open the flash game. It behaves the same as the stable version.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines