• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash says already installed but it is not

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated.  I was having problems viewing some videos and figured it may be a problem with flash.  I had the 32bit version but I am running windows 7 64bit.  So I uninstalled adobe flash from the computer using the control panel, then rebooted.  Now When I attempt to download the Flash 64bit from the website (using IE 9, 64bit) the program downloads, and once it begins to say installing it stops and I receive a message saying A newer version of adobe flash is already installed.  But it is not installed and does not exist anywhere I can find on my computer.

thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue under the same exact circumstances. Someone please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the same problem.  Vista 32 bit.  All was fine yesterday, now lots of problems.  There has to be fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! I have tried uninstalling all adobe products and rebooting, then reinstalling and the others did fine but I keep getting this same message on Flash Player. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't upload with flash uploader... or view flash videos. Same at "quietstp" stated. I use this comp for work and am dead in the water wo these things working properly.

The program downloads, and once it begins to say installing it stops and I receive a message saying A newer version of adobe flash is already installed.  But it is not installed and does not exist anywhere I can find on my computer.

thanks for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started 3 days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - it started a few days ago - now I can't install Flash Player no matter what I've tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Adobe... feel free to chime in... the problem is with both I.E. and Firefox 64 and 32 bit. I have windows7 64bit OS but the problem does not seem to be limited my OS. I have tired everything... uninstall... reinstall update... and still the issue exists.   I show that flash player is installed but both browsers tells me that it needs to be updated. When I try to update it tells me I already have the latest version... and cancels the update. There must be some issue beyond my end because there is nothing more I can do from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird - so many users with the same problem!

I am going to test this now; uninstall, then reinstall Flash Player on my Win7 x64 system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to reproduce that; I have just uninstalled / reinstalled three times - no problem whatsoever.

Here is what I did; try doing the same:

If you still get any error messages, please post a screenshot of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat.  These steps worked for me.  I was able to use the uninstaller, delete the left over files in the system folders, and install the most recent version of Adobe Flash.  Thanks so much for your help.  How that I have Flash installed again my original problem still exists (the main reason i was trying to uninstall and reinstall it).  Some adds and videos online are not displaying.  I get audio, and the video is playing, however it is just a blank white box where the video should display.  If I scroll the page I can see the video flicker so I know its loading and its playing, but its just a blank white box.  Any ideas?  Thanks again for the help with the installation problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your display adapter, device driver version & date? (See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will update display drivers... and attempt the process again and see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... followed your instructions & got I.E. to work properly. But Firefox is still the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fiat500Sport wrote:

But Firefox is still the same

Can you post a screenshot of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplest and quickest and most CORRUPT solution is to run FLASH from Chrome.   Until this issue is correct, that seems the way to get the job done.

It appears the issue is that Chrome is blocking the use of FLASH with any other brower because of some code embedded in the version of FLASH downloaded as an "update",  if the user did not UNCHECK the optional Chrome download that was available at the same time.    To run FLASH without Chrome you will likely have to uninstall both programs and reinstall the offered FLASH version making sure that Chrome is not downloaded at the same time.  If that does not work, it is probably simplest to go back to the next earliest version and download that. 

It almost appears as if Adobe is in bed with Chrome and trying to help it further control the market .... this is a shame, because good products should need no help from clandestine "marketing" tricks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your obsession with Chrome?  This topic is about Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obsession, observation maybe.... the discussion is about problems with FLASH updates and how this are not working.  I think the issue is common for those using  browsers other than, dare it say it... no I won't ... you know the one owned by Google

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wasn't able to install or update Adobe Flash with Firefox or IE.  I also wasn't able to watch video's in either browser.  Tried several things with no luck until I read your post.  I had Google Chrome on my computer so I opened it and tried to watch a video and it worked just fine.  Then I uninstalled Google Chrome and now Adobe Flash and videos work in both Firefox and IE.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with adobe:plugins and I don't have anything "REAL" on my computer. I removed the other versions of flash from "Add/Remove Programs" and I'm still getting the error message "There is a higher version exist on the system , Can't install".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, I just uninstalled google chrome and I still have the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Moes12 - Please try running the stand alone Flash Player uninstaller found here (ir's required if you want to go back to a previous version) - http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

When I click on the link you gave me it tells me to close Internet Explorer. IE is the only thing that I have on my computer now as I removed Chrome to see if that would help with opening my swf file. Thus fare it hasnt. Thank you for the help.

Regards,

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ted,

For running the file that Chris provided, you need to close Internet Explorer. Could you please try run it again and see?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Issue.JPG

Side by side screen shot  <I.E.   >Firefox after followed your instructions.

I have followed your instruction 3 times an still end up the same. I.E. works but Firefox still tells me I need to update. When I follow the prompt to update... it tells me I already have a newer version installed

I uninstalled with listed uninstaller, deleted the files in the two directorys you listed, and downloaded both the offline .exe for each.... and installed each just as you instructed. I closed both I.E. and Firefox. then ran the offline installers.

Here is the funny thing... when I install Adobe Flash that is for Firefox... a window opens in I.E. saying your installation was a success but does not work in Ff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines