• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9: Unwanted bold formatting showing up in WebHelp

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a WebHelp build with a topic that, when published, shows bold formatting where there should be none. Only a word within each bulleted sentence should be bold, not the entire sentence. The .xpj file does not assign bold formatting to this text. I looked at the source code for the .htm file and see no tags that would bold each sentence rather than the specified words. What should I investigate to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XPJ does not apply formatting to anything.

You say you have looked at the HTML for the topic but have you examined the CSS used?

Have you tried using a different CSS to see if the problem remains?

Does it happen in more than one browser?

Does it happen if you create a new topic with default.css applied?

How do you publish to the server?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Poor choice of words on my part. What I meant to write was there is no bold formatting to these sentences in the .xpj.

Regardless, I fixed the issue, or at least I think I did. I cut the text from the .xpj, pasted it into NotePad to kill any formatting, and then pasted it back in with no formatting. Then I applied the bulleted format, and made some items sub-bullets. Main bullets are entirely bold, and the sub-bullets, the aforementioned problematic bullets, had just bold words within them. I noticed as I was applying this bold formatting that in one main bullet, the bullet itself looked smaller than the others, which were much more wide. So, I opened up the HTML editor. That particular list item was surrounded with HTML code different from the others. So, I copied that code and pasted it over the code for the other bulleted items. Upon publishing the webhelp, and using the same browser, the sub-bullets were formatted the way I wanted, with only specific words bold, not entire sub-bullet items.

As RoboHelp is on a different network than the one on which I'm writing this reply, I'll have to see if there's a bulleted items style. I don't think there is. That'll have to be created so I don't run into this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp