Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Map Files into a Project

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2006 Dec 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The programmers at my job create map files, and when map files are sent to me, they're sent in a format that includes hex values (e.g.: 0x1177E). I've noticed map files that were imported in other help projects have this format:

#define ID_Size 1001

Out of curiousity, do map files have to be in the above format before importing them into a help project, or can RoboHelp perform a conversion to the above format once map files are imported?

Since I receive map files from programmers, do they need to convert the map files to the above format before sending them to me?

I found something in the Knowledge Base Guided Search on this, but I want to know if anyone knows of a new process that may be in the latest version (X5) of RoboHelp.

Thanks,

Felicia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Felicia,

I don't know about X5, but the compiler doesn't care if the numbers are hex or decimal. You can use either in your map file. I always use decimal because that is what my debugging tools (RoboHelp's BugHunter and Help Workshop) report, but the help will still work if the numbers are in hex.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. These are a few map IDs/map numbers and how they appear in one of the map files given to me by a programmer:

HID_SELECTION 0x10005
HID_SNAPS_CANCEL 0x10006
HID_TOOLBARS_PRINT 0x10007
HID_T_FITTING_MANIFOLD 0x11AB2

I wonder, according to what's stated in the Help for RoboHelp, if the map ID should appear like this before I import the map file into a project:

#define HID_SELECTION 0x10005
or:
#define HID_SELECTION 65541

Does the "#define" have to be in front of the map ID and map number before the import takes place?

Felicia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Felicia,

Yes, you need the "#define" in the header file, but you can use either the hex or the decimal format. As long as they are the same number, of course, as they are in your example.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp