• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a button before the TOC button in a WebHelp Pro navigation bar

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client wnats to add a "Home " button to the left of the TOC button in the navigation bar. I can ad buttons to the right of the "standard buttons": TOC, Search, Print, and Glossary, but even if I go and edit the skn file and add the "Home" botton before the TOC one, it still displays to the right. Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks.

Using RoboHelp 9 and Robohelp Server.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Hi,

I don't have RH Server, so this is a bit of a guess but I think one method will work.

Modify the toolbar order in whstart.js.

1. In whstart.js, go to line 184 (RH10), it has the text else if (nMsgId == WH_MSG_TOOLBARORDER).

2. Below the opening bracket add the following code:

oMsg.oParam = "CUSTOM|toc|glo|idx|fts|blackblock|searchform|banner";

return false;

3. Open whskin_tbars.htm and go to the bottom of the file to find a few calls starting with addButton.

4. Copyt the id of the button (customxxxx

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With ordinary WebHelp the layout allows you to set the order of the buttons but that option is not in the Pro version.

You said you placed the Home button before the Contents button in the SKN file but did you change the ID numbers? I wonder if that forces the order. Backup first.

Please post whether or not that worked.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I tried to change the ID numbers, but it didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't have RH Server, so this is a bit of a guess but I think one method will work.

Modify the toolbar order in whstart.js.

1. In whstart.js, go to line 184 (RH10), it has the text else if (nMsgId == WH_MSG_TOOLBARORDER).

2. Below the opening bracket add the following code:

oMsg.oParam = "CUSTOM|toc|glo|idx|fts|blackblock|searchform|banner";

return false;

3. Open whskin_tbars.htm and go to the bottom of the file to find a few calls starting with addButton.

4. Copyt the id of the button (customxxxx) and replace the text CUSTOM in whstart.js.

Modify whskin_tbars.htm

1. Open whskin_tbars.htm

2. Go to the bottom of the file and find a few calls starting with addButton.

3. Set the lines in the order you want the buttons to appear. (Don't forget the 'blankblock' button to push certain content to the right of the toolbar.

4. Remove the call to the function ReSortToolbarButtons() from the file whskin_tbars.js.

If WebHelp does still resort the buttons, try adding return false; as the first code in the function ReSortToolbarButtons() in the file whtbar.js

Hope this helps,

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks William,

That does the trick,

However,  these two files whstrat.ja and whskin_tbars are reset everytime I regenerate the help, right?

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right François. Those files are overwritten when you generate. You may want to take a backup of them so you can just copy / paste them into your generated output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would it be possible to script this? I mean copy / paste these two files whstrat.ja and whskin_tbars into my generated output?

And if so, since I am not familiar with RH scripting, so where would be the best place to learn about RH sripting?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp