Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Flash Player 10.3 on Intel Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For the past couple of weeks I have had messages re updating to the latest Flash version when browsing various web videos - but I have downloaded the latest version (that my Intel Mac on 10.5.8 will run) about a dozen times now, and each time the installation completes succesfully - but when browsing I am still getting messages that I need to update Flash Player..Strangely enough when following the Adobe uninstall procedure guidelines, the box that should show the version you are running is completetly blank, but the plug in 10.3 does appear in library/internet plug-ins. This is a slightly different problem to what most people seem to be having on this thread - any ideas folks,, Thanks ,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Hi Jeff,

Try going into Safari's preferences panel, click the Security tab, then make sure that "Enable plug-ins" is checked.  It sounds like Safari isn't able to load any plugins if this page is blank.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are using Safari, if so could you go to Safari's Help -> Installed Plugins menu item then check to see if Shockwave Flash is listed there, and if so what version is reported?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Chris I'm using Safari, just checked Installed plugins as you suggested and there are no plugins listed

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Try going into Safari's preferences panel, click the Security tab, then make sure that "Enable plug-ins" is checked.  It sounds like Safari isn't able to load any plugins if this page is blank.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's fixed it Chris - no idea how that box got unchecked and as

most videos were still working I assumed it was an Adobe update problem

Thanks a lot

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines