• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Bublisher Unknown" when installing Flash

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message whenever I try to instal Flash. I have tried on several PC's with the same problem over the last week. I have looked around on the web and there is mention of problems with certificate's but none of them seem to address the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

What is your web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening on Windows 7 Home and Windows 7 Enterprise. I'm running Firefox 15.0.1. Problem seems to be wider spread. I tried downloading Firefox 16 and installing it. It also showed as "Publisher Unknown" I tried running an Firefox setup program that was downloaded months ago and it correctly identified the Publisher as "Mozilla Corporation".

I am thinking that there is something in my router/firewall that is failing to identify the publisher certificate. However I don't really understand when it checks the certificate. Is seems to check at download time, wheresas I would have thought it checked at execution time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are having an issue with certificates on your system, espeically if Firefox 16 also failed.  Could you try downloading this installer to see if it also refuses to run?  Finally, do you happen to be behind a proxy server?

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines