• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp URL not changing when project is published

Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have created a project in robohelp and the problem I am having is that when I go through each page the link on top does not change for that page. I want it to change for every page so if I need to send a certain help page to a client then I can send that specific one. The project is published anyone can help me it will be great. I have named each topic on the project a certain name so I can see that on there but I really cant figure this out. Please help. I have a feeling that it is just a setting change?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what kind of help output are you creating - CHM, WebHelp, FlashHelp, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the way tri-pane help works regardless of the authoring tool and it is not a setting change.

You can insert a link in each topic that will open Outlook and create an email with the address you want it sent to, a subject line and, most importantly, a link that is to the page being viewed.

How is covered at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#email

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As you are talking about the URL not changing, this has to be browser based AIR, FlashHelp or WebHelp.

The problem here is that each of those outputs are presented within a frameset. The surrounding frame is what generally gets presented in the title bar. Although, there might be a way to modify the JavaScript coding (if the output is WebHelp) so that the Title bar changes to reflect the topic in question.

Alternatively, you can do what I did on my RoboWizard site to provide a reference to the topic in question. Take a look at the link below to see what I'm talking about.

Click here to view

As you look at the page, pay close attention to the bottom area. I've inserted a field there with some script that causes it to select when you click it so that it is easier to copy to your clipboard.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yes I do see your help page and its very similar to mine. On yours I noticed the same thing happens the links on the top doesnt change. Is there a way where you click on the topic the link on the top changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problems thanks everyone for your help. Captiv8r thanks for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

While I'm quite happy you seem to have found some solution, it would likely be helpful to others that come behind you with a similar issue to know exactly what you did that seemed to solve things for you.

So if you could please fill in the missing details it would help everyone out.

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp