• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone tell me why my flash player keeps stopping?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got a problem here that hopefully someone can figure out.

My flash player has suddenly stopped working but I don't think its crashed, there is never any fault code or any notification, all I get is the circle turning in centre of screen forever.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing the latest version. It works for about 10 mins then never again. I tried using different browsers; ie, chrome, firefox  , opera and again it will work at first for a very short time and then never again.

I have tried to disable Rapport but that just didnt work.

Even tried to install an earlier version of flashplayer but no joy there either.

I guess that it is something on my computer stopping the flash player working but it is driving me to distraction!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it fail with all Flash content, or just video?  Can you see the flash content on this page?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Can you try temporarily disabling any security/firewall software to see if that's interfering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I am having the same problem, on Google Chrome, Maxthon, Firefox and IE9.  I have uninstalled and re-installed adobe flash player, as well as the browers, numerously, followed instructions on one link you provided, still nothing.  I did have luck on a link you gave in you tube - the Roger Federer one, and it worked llike a charm.  But only that clip, nothing else.  I have disabled windows firewall, reset settings,and quite honestly, I don't remember what else I have tried - it has been going on now for at least 5 days.  I have done a security scan and clean-up incase I picked up a bug or two, but it shows all is clean, and as the only major problem I have is getting youtube to play, I am assuming it is the flash player.  Any help will be gladly received 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

airborne007 & zhengdee - Do either of you have any ad blocking extensions or utilities running?  If so, could you try disabling them?  This sounds like network issues but it's difficult to tell.  You might also want to reset your hosts file, as this has helped others in the past.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Chris.

The first thing I did after reading your messages, was to click on the second link again of Amazing Roger....nothing happened!!!  I mean, the page opened, but no action whatsoever - not even the little play bar.  Now I know it worked before, because I had watched it at least three times - it's a really cool thing he did, plus I wanted to make sure it was working without stopping. I then followed your instructions with the microsoft fixit for resetting the host files, plus I went into the google chrome extentions and just disabled what there was - but when nothing happened, I re-enabled the flash thing in the extensions.  As things are right now;  Maxthon - nothing, no stirring of any kind, just little black screens on youtube. IE9 - continuous buffering. GC - it will start and play for 2 secs then freeze.  If I stroll my cursor over the play bar, I can see small pics, but even after 10 min, nothing more will play. 

Oops - nearly forgot:  Sometimes, if I change the setting to 240p on youtube, things will play for a few secs more 🙂

FP version on GChrome:

QQ截图20121102184516.jpg

FP on  Maxthon browser:

maxthon.jpg

And FP on IE9:

IE9.jpg

Message was edited by: zhengdee You said to disable Utilities....are you talking about utility manager?  I'm not sure what you are talking about, so I googled it and found only stuff on changing the utility manager name....is this what you mean?  Sorry for the long winded reply here - so not computer literate!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zhengdee - Did this clear up for you?  Given an earlier comment regarding switching between YouTube resolutions, this reminds me of a YouTube specific issue that had come up in the past.  I'm curious if you were able to get this working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

No, unfortunately it didn't.  I contacted my network server and a tech checked out my computer and told me that the problem was not a network one, but rather a system problem.  As I was getting nowhere fast, I just backed up everything and then formatted the hard drive.  Everything just works fine now.  I think I picked up a bug when trying to download a PDF to Word converter....I wanted to buy one from Adobe, but they don't have an available service for my country 😞  All my security bug finders couldn't find a problem, but things only started going weird after the download (which didn't work anyway!)

Thanks so much for your time and effort 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I couldn't sort my problems out either Chris. I saved everything off my computer and tried to do a system restore as the flash player used to work absolutely fine. But the computer wont even let me do that. No ideas any more, tried everything. Thank you very much for your help though

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:18:49 -0700

To: bravotp@hotmail.com

Subject: Can anyone tell me why my flash player keeps stopping?

Re: Can anyone tell me why my flash player keeps stopping?

created by Chris Campbell in Using Flash Player - View the full discussion

@zhengdee - Did this clear up for you? Given an earlier comment regarding switching between YouTube resolutions, this reminds me of a YouTube specific issue that had come up in the past. I'm curious if you were able to get this working properly.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4845306#4845306

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Using Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@airborne007 - I'd really recommend doing a clean install at this point.  Another alternative, if you continue to have problems with the latest update, is to roll back to a previous version (like 10.3).

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for repying Chris,

Yes I can see content on the page you linked me to. Still cannot see video links though. I have got AVG free edition and have tried disabling that but still no joy. It must be something on my computer because I tried opera as a new browser yesterday. It worked for about 5 min but now still the same, just the constant turning circle like it is trying to connect but never does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines