• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password Incorrect CF 10 Admin

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed CF 10 locally on a Windows 7 machine and I am having troubles with my password. I have used the passwordreset.bat file, and still no luck.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling CF 10. I'm pulling my hair out over here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Interesting. Since you say you run the passwordreset script but it does not seem to change the password, I suspect it's that (if you were on Windows) you need to run that script in a command prompt that’s been opened “as admin” (meaning, choose start, search for for “command prompt” to choose “run as admin”.) I’ve seen some things in CF (like the web server connector, and the keytool for adding certificates) “seem to work” but not really unless you “run as admin”.

Hope that may help someone.

/char

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try the following.

Open the file <CF_INSTALL_HOME>\cfusion\lib\password.properties and change the following properties and then restart the server(While starting the server it will automatically get encrypted).

password=<yourpassword>

encrypted=false

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Krishna, but the solution below fixed my particular problem.

Thanks,

bigscreentv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, but the whole point of the password reset script in 10 was to save you having to play that game.

Can you share any more on what was not working with the script? Was that it gave an error? Or is there a chance you were running it for a different instance than the one whose Admin you were trying to access? Just seems a shame that you had to drop back to the “old way” of dealing with a forgotten password.

I’ll understand if you feel only that “it just didn’t work”. I just wanted to ask in case you might have more to share. Thanks.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

I didn't receive any errors from the script. As far as I was aware it worked fine; I was able to change my password using it, however each time I tried to log in I continued to got the password invalid message. It just didn't seem to work.

Thanks,

bigscreentv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Since you say you run the passwordreset script but it does not seem to change the password, I suspect it's that (if you were on Windows) you need to run that script in a command prompt that’s been opened “as admin” (meaning, choose start, search for for “command prompt” to choose “run as admin”.) I’ve seen some things in CF (like the web server connector, and the keytool for adding certificates) “seem to work” but not really unless you “run as admin”.

Hope that may help someone.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You're right. I executed the script in the command prompt as an administrator and it worked fine.

I might add I'm a newbie to CF so If I did that from the start it probably would have worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

bigscreentv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear. Actually, might it then be better to mark that as the “answer”, so that if someone else finds this someday, they try that versus the “old school” xml hack?

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I spoke to soon...I was able to find a fix for this.

1. Go to c:\coldfusion8\lib\neo-security.xml and open in notepad.

2. Find the section <var name="admin.security.enabled"><boolean value="true" /></var>.

3. Change "true" to "false".

4. Save the file and exit.

You should then be able to log in to admin and reset your password.

Thanks,

bigscreentv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation