• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing linked Word files via Sharepoint

Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

when using Sharepoint to host a RoboHelp project (via version control), is it possible to link to Word files that are hosted by sharepoint in the same library, perhaps even in other libraries? Maybe somebody can confirm whether this works.

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert. In theory what you require is just a link to a URL. So whether it is in the SharePoint library where your project is located or not, it should work. However the number of people using SharePoint 2010 as their version control system together with RoboHelp 10 would be low. What I'd suggest is that you create a test project to find out and let us know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum, the problem is that the dialog for linking to a Word or Fm file only lets you select a local path. We also tried setting up a webdav folder on the system root but this is simply not visible in the dialog of Robohelp.

I suppose that Adobe had an important driver to implemend the Sharepoint features in RH10, so I hope that there is some demand and have issued a feature request. It would be nice to have options similar to the SSL output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and I'm guessing that manually pasting in the URL doesn't stick either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboColum(n) wrote:

...and I'm guessing that manually pasting in the URL doesn't stick either?

Nope. Robohelp says its an invalid path. I tried several variations but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

Are you able to open the Word document using a standard URL in a browser? If so, and since RoboHelp doesn't appear to like it for whatever reason, perhaps you could use a trick I used to use back in my corporate days.

Create a redirect page that opens the URL or the path. Basically you create an HTML page and modify the underlying code as follows:

In the Head section somewhere (where doesn't matter) you insert a META tag that looks like this:

<meta HTTP-EQUIV=refresh CONTENT="0;URL=First_Topic.htm">

Just replace the part where it says First_Topic.htm with the actual path or URL that works.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

thanks for the idea, using redirects might be a one-time trick and I

will definitely try it. However we would need this for a really large

number of files at different locations, so I don't think it will be a

real solution in the long term.

Is seems to me that the Sharepoint integration of Robohelp is generally

not thought out very thoroughly, I have met several issues. Regrettably

I could not do any testing for it in advance.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp