• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Search Pane after certain searches

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have strange issues after migrating from Robohelp 8 to Robohelp 9. Neither of these issues come up if I view the project in Robohelp HTML before publishing, only after I publish with WebHelp Pro do these come up.

1. I have some searches that say they have found no results when in Robohelp 8 it returned over 20, most of which blatenly have the search word in the title.  I have confirmed these articles exist in both, just cannot search them in robohelp 9
    bitlocker1.PNGbitlocker2.PNG
    Exact same project upgraded and published from 8 to 9
    First image: Robohelp 8 and Robohelp server 8
    Second Image: Robohelp 9 and Robohelp server 9
  2. I have very specific search strings that when you search for them the search pane goes blank and will not return until the page is completely refreshed.
    I have viewed the source, there is a bunch of JavaScript stuff but not <body> tag to be seen.
    I have confirmed there are no illegal characters in the filenames in my project.

Anyone have any idea how to resolve these?

Thanks for any help you may have, even wild guesses could help at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New info, hopefully this info will spark an idea for someone

robohelp_server.properties

I discovered that issue 2 is caused by the word "not" being in the search, substring search and the work "not" dont seem to get a long.

So I can get it working by going reindex=true, I would however prefer not to if we can resolve the issue 2 "not" issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay maybe lets start from another perspective,

Can anyone explain to me (because I just dont understand) why I can generate and view, and everything works great; but when I publish the search panel is completely different.  I LOVE the search built into the local view with its "number of search results" option, and how it doesnt fail in anyway to find the article im searching for.  Is there a way to get that search outputting to my RoboHelp Server 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you generate, your output is not yet on the server therefore your RH Server setup does not affect the output. Only when you publish do the property settings affect the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp