I built a very simple process:

process.JPG

Here are settings for email startpoint:

email setts.JPG

Email settings on server:

email server sets.JPG

My local mail server is working fine.

When i send  an email to lc@mymail.com i receive such answer:

LiveCycle ES has tried to process your request and encountered the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Procces recording is empty. It means that it doesnt even start, right?

Any suggestions? What`s wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

From the existing process remove the "Route" from "Email startpoint" to "Send with Documents", so here it can be tested "Email startpoint" alone. To test this send an email to configured email inbox and check that is processed or not.

Create another new process and place only "Send with Documents" service.

From livecycle workbench can invoke the each process on its own, to test is these services are working properly.

Logs can be found in server, get the path(may be websphere/weblogic/jbos) details from your environment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

Could you please confirm alone "Email startpoint" and "Send with Documents" services are working perfectly before mixing both in same processes.

From the error above, the process is started, that is the reason able to received the error/confirmation e-mail message, it might failed in some core step so it is not recorded. Also check the server log for more details if any. we do have couple of process with both services in same processes and no issues.

Level 2

Tell me please how can i check those lements alone? If i leave in process only "send with Dosuments" for wxample - how cai i start it?

Where can i fing logs youre talking about?

I`m much newbee!

Thx for replies!

P.S.

Sorry for my bad english )

Correct answer by
Level 6

From the existing process remove the "Route" from "Email startpoint" to "Send with Documents", so here it can be tested "Email startpoint" alone. To test this send an email to configured email inbox and check that is processed or not.

Create another new process and place only "Send with Documents" service.

From livecycle workbench can invoke the each process on its own, to test is these services are working properly.

Logs can be found in server, get the path(may be websphere/weblogic/jbos) details from your environment.

Level 2

I recreated everythings and it got working! Thx a lot!