• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics don't display until browser resized, Win 8

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using robohelp 9 and just tested the project on a win 8 computer in our office.  The TOC displays correctly, but topics don't display unless the browser or the TOC pane is resized. After resizing the browser/pane all topics display correctly. Adobe support is unaware of this.  Has anyone encountered this?  

Thanks

Carolyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Rh10 is not supported on Windows 8. We will have to wait until Windows 8 is released and then see whether Adobe do support Rh10 on that platform.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this by setting the Webhelp Settings - Preferred Format to Pure HTML, rather than DHTML > Pure HTML.  I've used the latter in multiple projects for several years without problems, but making this change was the only way I could get topics to appear correctly when viewing the RH9's webhelp in IE on Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's odd because all that setting does is to determine whether to present the TOC/Index/Glossary/Search using DHTML first or not. To my knowledge the setting has zip to do with the way topics appear.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realize that you are sacrificing the ability for users to type into fields for Index and Search with that setting, right? Instead, they will have to click letters of the alphabet to navigate your help.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the comments, Rick.  Yes, I noticed that this setting reduces the functionality of the index and search and if I can find a better way around the problem I'd certainly use it! I'm still evaluating whether this 'solution' is acceptable, but we simply can't release our software with Help that is completely broken.  Reduced index and search functionality is preferable. 

I'd really be interested in hearing comments from anyone running webhelp on Win 8. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp