Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Probe

Dec 11, 2006 Dec 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what would be the directory structure for executing a script if the probe fails? if the file i want to run is located at c:\test3.bat why won't the probe run this file? i am not getting any error messages... but the batch file is not being executed...
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2006 Dec 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by writing a test template that does a cfexecute on that batch file. Does it run? If not what is the error.

Check this technote on running CF as a specific user. You probably cannot execute a batch file, especially to stop/start a service as localsystem: http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_17279

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2006 Dec 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
ken,
here is what i am doing to test it. i created a file called test2.bat which contains the command "del test.txt" (test.txt contains 3 letters abc). i then run a file called test3.cfm with the following code:

<cfexecute name="d:\test2.bat">
</cfexecute>

then when i look on the d: drive test.txt does not get deleted. i get no coldfusion errors so it appears the bat file runs. when i click and run the bat file manually it does what its supposed to and deletes test.txt file (which is within the same directory as the bat file). so the problem is that the bat file is not doing the commands its supposed to when coldfusion executes it... what do you suppose is wrong? i also followed the link in your previous help and setup a coldfusion user the way it told me to.

thx,
-matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation